Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll soon be without the beater-Blazer and the places we take the dogs are often nasty-muddy. Next winter will be even worse. So I gotta protect some light gray interiors...

I need to get some good floor mats/liners for the Yukon, and I want ones that come up higher than the WeatherTech mats that I`ve used in other vehicles. AFAIK the Huskies are a good choice (other opinions welcomed!) and I was wondering where people here like to shop for such things :nixweiss

I`d love to get something similar for the MPV too; Husky doesn`t make liners for it, only the rubber mats that look like the WeatherTech ones. Any suggestions?

Light gray interiors for dog-haulers... :hairpull

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you also looked into Weathertech?

Post Thanks / Like
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Danase- I have Weathertechs for other vehicles. They`re OK for what they are but I want better coverage up the sides (if that makes sense...). Heh heh I think you missed this part of my post:

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    ..I want ones that come up higher than the WeatherTech mats that I`ve used in other vehicles.

Patrick- Thanks, I`d seen AutoEverything but as best IIRC I`ve never ordered from them. Sounds like they did OK by you...

Post Thanks / Like
    I did miss it. LOL

I did a Honda Element with Huskys and they seemed very nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Danase- I have Weathertechs for other vehicles. They`re OK for what they are but I want better coverage up the sides (if that makes sense...). Heh heh I think you missed this part of my post:

Patrick- Thanks, I`d seen AutoEverything but as best IIRC I`ve never ordered from them. Sounds like they did OK by you...
    Excellent transaction as well as delivery time. Right up to par "with what I expect".....
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    I did a Honda Element with Huskys and they seemed very nice.

Good, hope they work out for me. Too bad they don`t offer them for the MPV...I dunno what I`m gonna put in that. The dead-pedal area needs covered something awful.

Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick
    .. Right up to par "with what I expect".....

Good enough recommendation for me That`s why I started the thread, recommendations from people I respect sure beat just picking a vendor at random. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a pair of CatchAll Molded carpet liners for the front of my 06 Escape, and I love them!

They cover a whole heck of a lot better than the factor mats, and use the same mounting clips, in addition to adding one on the passenger side.

They are carpet, however made to be hosed off. They are rubber backed, so no loquid gets through, despite them being a carpet topped mat.

They are a bit on on the $$$ side, however come with a lifetime warranty.

Catch-All<SUP style="font-size:9px;">TM</SUP>

Post Thanks / Like
    We have Husky Liners in the wifes Z71 and love them. I think that we ordered them from Cabela`s, as no one really had any great `deals` on them. Cabela`s was able to ship quickly.

Good luck,

Randy

Post Thanks / Like
    ZimRandy- Glad to hear the Husky liners are good. Heh heh, Cabela`s gets enough of my money on outdoor stuff so I think I`ll use AutoEverything for this one. Thanks for the suggestion though.

EOppie- Thanks for that suggestion too. Those woulda been great for the MPV but they don`t offer `em for that vehicle The MPV is sorta an odd duck...not too much stuff available for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can also try googling PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS.com They specialize in MB`s, FORD`s, Toyota`s, Chevy`s and I thin POrsche`s are the last of it. The webnsite may be performanceproducts.com, but not positive. Probably not the best price but I would at least request a catalog and go from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    So you are getting a Yukon? A new one I presume? I really like it from the few I have seen here. My dog died last spring :bawlingI miss him so much) but I know how hard it is to keep an interior looking good when you have a dog. My biggest problem was that he scratched the paint on the door jambs. So putting some protecting film or tape on the painted surfaces helps prevent this. And rubber floormats make life much easier in the winter.

What kind of dog/dogs do you have?

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator,

What are you getting for a new "dog hauler"? I`m still looking. We usually use the Honda Odyssey, but I`ve been thinking about getting rid of the Lexus GS and getting something else. Actually dropped the GS off the get serviced,and they gave me a new RX400h. It is different, but I REALLY like the get up and go of the new Lexus hybrids. I was pretty impressed overall.

Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    Diesel1- Yeah, IIRC they sent me Porsche catalogs back when I was driving those. Somehow I must`ve gotten off their mailing list.

SamIam- Long-story-short: got new puppy to replace dog who died, also got puppy`s 4-year-old uncle (rescue, abandoned at shelter :angry needed the right home, which we can provide)...so suddenly we needed something *big* for dogs and equipment, got Yukon XL Denali as it`s sorta a "sport model" of the Suburban (without the Escalade`s glitz-crap). 6-liter engine at least has decent pickup, it handles better than I woulda expected too. Nothing smaller woulda come close to fitting the bill and the new models don`t have the step-bumper that the dogs need. As soon as the puppy gets a little bigger the Blazer is outta here and I dunno if they`ll all fit in the MPV once he`s full grown :nixweiss Upshot- gonna sell the M3 too (Blazer + M3 = Yukon).

The Lexus SUVs (even their big ones- got the Yukon at a Lexus dealer in NC) don`t have the room *we* need, but if they`re big enough for *you* then yeah...a lot of today`s better SUVs will do anything a good car can do, and do it more than good enough for public roads (much as I hate to admit it ). Heh heh, the pal who bought my dad`s A6 4.2 off me gets more speeding tickets in her new RX than she did in the Audi

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, the Lexus SUVs don`t have near enough room for what you need. I need more of a crossover, will also look at the new GM models. There is certainly lots to look at. Trying to get a good ride and decent gas mileage (I drive 20K a year) is the challenge. I wish Saab still made the 9000 Aero. With the flip down rear seat, good ride, good mileage and amazing mid-range torque, it would fit what I want in spades.

What kind of dogs did you get?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information