Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can get it in an aerosol that is fine. Mainly you will want a good durable clearcoat on it which usually means automotive. Dupont makes some in a spray can but it isn`t quite as good as what you spray out of a gun. Carquest can mix the paint for you in as small as half pint. If you decide to buy that way try to get them to put it under their paint account. It is a good bit cheaper than buying it straight out cash sale.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, what do you think about covering it with the paint protection sheeting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Clean it, clean it and clean it some more. Then sand the texture off, spray it with adhesion promoter followed by a good primer. I did it before and it turned out beautifully, PPG base coat then cleared with PPG as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    .....nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    its all about the prep, use a good wax and grease remover, sand it (optional) if you want it smooth, wax and grease remover again, primer ( bulldog is good) the paint the n clear

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jshillin
    Clean it, clean it and clean it some more. Then sand the texture off, spray it with adhesion promoter followed by a good primer. I did it before and it turned out beautifully, PPG base coat then cleared with PPG as well.

Is that a Neon? Looks good btw.
    02 Mustang GT - True Blue

02 Maxima SE - Sterling Mist

97 Ranger SuperCab XLT - Red

Post Thanks / Like
    That or a cavalier from the looks of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    My only suggestion is to practice this on something from a junk yard before you start on your good dash. If you botch up the prep and paint it will really look like crap. This stuff you`re wanting to do isn`t really hard, but it does take some practice to develop the skill to make a project like this turn out looking right.

I`d also encourage you to remove everything you want to paint from the car. That will make the prep and painting much easier and keep paint overspray from getting on places in your interior that`ll you have a hard time cleaning.

I`m not really trying to discourage you from this project, but if you mess it up it will look terrible and some of that trim might be hard to find or fairly expensive to replace.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jshillin

Mine was done in a similar manner. I wouldn`t advise doing it by spray can. Get it done professionally if you can`t spray it yourself. I think you would be happier with the outcome. I painted mine on my own with a spray gun and all the good stuff.

Nevermind all the mess in my car. Just got back from bestbuy when I took that picture.
    BGB Mobile Detailing Service -ASE & I-Car certified Refinishing Technician as of 8/12/08

78 Monte -01 Monte LSX -04 KB Cobra(SOLD) -10 2SS Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    its nice to see you are supporting the record industry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeteast99
    its nice to see you are supporting the record industry
    Oh yeah haha! I dont copy music I only buy. I like to have the actually case to the cd kinda weird. Yeah my local Best Buy`s love me. :doh
    BGB Mobile Detailing Service -ASE & I-Car certified Refinishing Technician as of 8/12/08

78 Monte -01 Monte LSX -04 KB Cobra(SOLD) -10 2SS Camaro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information