Post Thanks / Like
    This sounded like a good idea for a radar detector hardwire (plugs into powered rearview mirrors, such as OnStar, photochromic, etc.), but the more I thought about it, forcing something into the back of the connector seemed like a bad idea...it was pretty cheap so I decided to try it anyway.

First of all, on my car there is a strain relief that has to be removed, which I don`t think will fit over the Invisicord taps, number two, it didn`t work after I plugged it in. The "manufacturer" doesn`t take any responsibilty for which are the correct wires, although other users of the same car have gotten it to work. Normally I would never do anything like this without a factory manual including a schematic, and I couldn`t even find the hot and ground wires with my voltmeter, although I don`t know if my probes were really hitting the pins in the connector. The whole thing makes me a little nervous as I presume there are low voltages (computer logic, etc.) present up there, and it`s a little tough to see since the connector is behind the mirror on a short harness.

Anyway, anyone successfully use this product?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have it (for my `07 Z06) and the install took about 10 min`s. It works perfect with my V1.

What car are you installing it in?
    Z06 Mike

2007 Z06 Black

2005 Viper SRT10 Race Yellow

2006 SLK 350 Capri Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    `06 STS...which is supposed to be just like a C6.

Post Thanks / Like
    The installation is nice and neat but according to every single site I`ve gone to, as far as correct mounting, says that is way too high and should be closer to the dash than the top of the windshield. I`m not claiming that it is correct just that many sites say it it too high. I chose to put mine six inches above the dashboard judging by the sites I`ve gone to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF
    The installation is nice and neat but according to every single site I`ve gone to, as far as correct mounting, says that is way too high and should be closer to the dash than the top of the windshield. I`m not claiming that it is correct just that many sites say it it too high. I chose to put mine six inches above the dashboard judging by the sites I`ve gone to.

It really depends on what you are going for. The main differences between mounting high vs. low are:

High

Pros: 1. Better radar detection range and 2. more chance of an advanced laser warning because the detector can pick up laser going through people`s windows in front of you

Cons: 1. If you are specifically being targeted by laser you have less chance of picking it up

Low

Pros: 1. Better laser pickup for when you are being targeted, 2. easier access to buttons if on top of the detector

Cons: 1. Rare chance of an advanced laser pickup, 2. reduced radar detection/reduced over the hill protection

So, in my opinion, mount high. The only main advantage (functionally) of mounting low is to pickup laser when you are being targeted, but that`s kind of pointless because then it`s too late.
    metload1

Thread Information