Post Thanks / Like
    OK, let me first say that this is one of the most helpful, friendly sites I`ve ever visited.

I just installed a Alpine CDA 9885 in my 06 Xterra. Install went smoothly thanks to directions from Crutchfield. After all was said and done I reconnected my battery and started up the truck... BOOM! Air bag light on the dash won`t stop flashing. This was my first install but it went so easily. I have know idea what I could have done. Anyone have any ideas?

My next step is to throw the stock unit back in and see if that fixes it. The truck is still under warranty, so once I put the stock unit back in ,there should be no problem getting it fixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Car Audio at CarAudio.com check there. you`ll probably get a better answer there than here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you have to unplug any "air bag" lights on the dash in order to install the HU? Mine has a light in the center of the dash that states when my passenger air bag is on or off. Long story short, I unplugged just the light and it threw an SES light. :nixweiss
    2004 Titanium Pearl Mitsubishi Galant ES

Post Thanks / Like
    my 95 dodge 4x4 360 h.o. airbag light has been on since i got it 5years ago and nobody knows why

Post Thanks / Like
    Update:

I reinstalled the stock unit and went to the dealer. They said that a sensor for the passenger airbag was faulty. I don`t doubt that I caused the light to come on, maybe by doing so I uncovered another problem.

All in all the repair cost me nothing due to the warranty, my new alpine head unit us in and I am a little smarter.

Note: Unplug the battery (which I did) and do not plug it back in and do not cycle the ignition while airbag lights are disconnected.

Thread Information