Post Thanks / Like
    Got a question for the audiophiles...been awhile since i sold stereos so things may have changed. I have bartered a deal with a local car stereo shop owner for some detail work in exchange for a Clarion CD player with small amp and sub.

My question is, does Clarion make halfway decent stuff compared to some of the bigger players in the stereo industry? Thanks for your input.

Whose yer DADDY!??!?!?!?! LastDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion Clarion is one of the top producers and will outperform, Sony, JVC, Alpine, Pioneer and most of the other big brands. The only one that I prefer is the Eclipse and that is only for aesthetic reasons.

Which model are you lookin at?

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with LastDetail, clarion makes some really nice stuff. I too prefer the clean looks of Eclipse though. I don`t like Sony or JVC.

Post Thanks / Like
    The last 3 or 4 stereo`s i`ve had in my car/cars have been Clarion. I`ve had my pop out dvd player for 2 years now. No problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    as they said CLARION ROCKS! stick with them.
    Canfield

03 Mini Cooper S- 900 Pure Silver

97 BMW ///M3 309 Arctic Silver Metallic

93 Mazda Rx-7 R1- J9 Competition Yellow Mica

Post Thanks / Like
    Clarion in my experience (mostly marine) is pretty good. BUT.... the cd players have almost no features until you get up above $500. No x-overs, nothing but 2-band eq, no time alignment, nada.

Their speakers and subs and amps are ok, but I think you can get better for the money. I would recomend Image Dynamics, Assendant Audio, Elemental Designs, TC-sounds.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    my 2 cents on CAR audio is this: Installation is the key. A badly installed high end system will suck vs a mid fi system that is properly installed.

This is from an audiophile stand point of view.

Post Thanks / Like
    i want to know the price for Clarion APX480M 640W 4/3/2-Channel Power Amplifier as i have heard and checked its quality in my friend`s car.... but its seems to me that he have purchased it a bit costly.... i was searching for the this amplifier and found on several sites but comparing all of them i found planetonline.com site is giving the best deal for it... and its for $183.97.... if anyone can tell me from where i can get the lower price then this....

Post Thanks / Like
    1st post and a link to a site? SPAM? If you searched using froogle, you could have found it for less.

Post Thanks / Like
    go for Clarion with good installation ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone for your input. I think I will accept the trade of the stereo and install for detailing work based on the positive opinions expressed about the Clarion line of Atuo stereos. :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Clarion is OK. Pioneer Premier will give you a lot more features for the money. A head unit with a good crossover and time alignment are a must have for me. I have several Pioneer head units that are 5 and 10 years old, and they still work fine. Pioneers new stuff is even better than the old stuff.

I currently have a Eclipse double din DVD/Nav unit, but that`s because it`s in a Toyota. Eclipse radios are great for Toyotas because they plug right into the factory wiring, even the steering wheel controls. No need for adapter harnesses. The company that makes Eclipse helps design Toyotas radios. This is why the wire harnesses are the same.
    05 Black Tacoma Double Cab V6 4x4 TRD Sport

My CarDomain

Post Thanks / Like
    i consider Clarion upper middle tier Japanese brand. They are a major OEM supplier, also, so they have money to back their aftermarket developments. I think I heard that Hitachi owns them now...

Thread Information