Whose yer DADDY!??!?!?!?! LastDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So yea, for the last 4-5 years I had a very VERY finnicky Phoenix Gold ZX475 amplifier in my truck. This thing literally had massive problems every couple of months. One channel would crackle, another time it was only delivering about %20 to the drivers side channels. Other things like that. During the down time the stereo shop that I go to was gracious enough to allow me to use a beautiful Brex 4 channel amp. Finally we sort of agreed to put the Phoenix aside and just use the Brex.

I had this amplifier in my car for about a year, and then I get the phone call I had most been dreading. The amplifier that I was using was sold to a customer. I was once again "treated" to the ever unpredictable Phoenix Gold. Having this amp in my car was like driving around with a schizophrenic poodle. On crack.

So yesterday I picked up my new amplifier, an Eclipse AE4000. And let me tell ya, its pretty flippin SWEET. I drove about 2 hours with it it cranked but good. Didn`t even phase out the teeniest bit. I am fully satisfied. As soon as I get the amp rack all cleaned up I will get a couple pictures to share with everyone.

Hopefully the ringing in my ears will be gone by morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eclipse makes some great stuff. You dont see to many ppl in MISS with Eclipse products. There radios have always been some great units. Me, i`m a Kicker man. Kicker amps, mids, highs and Solo Baric L7-12. Clarion in-dash pop out dvd player. Phoenix Gold is something else you dont see much of around here. They make a product called a Bass Cube, kinda like the old Epic Center.

Good luck with your new amp. Elipse makes really good equipment.

Heath

Post Thanks / Like
    I worked a bit in the car audio industry in the early-mid 90s and back then Phoenix Gold was a standard, especially amps. Sorry to hear the amp you had didn`t work out for you. At that time Eclipse was just coming out. Their subs & mids sounded pretty good (crisp & clear) and I think they had a head unit but no amps.

Of course I haven`t really followed any of it for 8-10 years and everything changes over time, so maybe PG is falling apart.

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve installed tons of Eclipse headunits and love them. Never heard their amps. Glad you like it! Phoenix Gold is overrated in my opinion. Just like Rockford Fosgate.

I am a Alphasonik dealer. Love this stuff. Best bang for the buck hands down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513
    I`ve installed tons of Eclipse headunits and love them. Never heard their amps. Glad you like it! Phoenix Gold is overrated in my opinion. Just like Rockford Fosgate.

I am a Alphasonik dealer. Love this stuff. Best bang for the buck hands down.

Alphasonik... you must buy your stuff from ATA?

Post Thanks / Like
    Alphasonik. :nervous2:

I would lean more towards brands like: Arc Audio, DLS, Zapco, Xtant, Audison.

Elemental Designs makes great amps and subs, and they`re prices are awesome, especially if you sign up to their forums and get the discount.

The only thing I would buy from Kicker would be their SX amps, because of all the digital adjustability. I own a SX1250.1 and SX900.4 and they`re very impressive.
    05 Black Tacoma Double Cab V6 4x4 TRD Sport

My CarDomain

Thread Information