Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I installed a code alarm system on my wife`s 06 f150.

It has a 20min run time, and now that temps are below freezing at night as soon as I wake up I get it running (preset the controls) and it`s nice and toasty by the time we get in to go to work.

CA also sells a stand alone remote start with a small button that attaches to the key chain. I believe these are the same units used by Ford. I want to get one for our Ranger.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know where you live but if there is an auto zone around check them out they have two kinds and i shopped around about six months ago for one and found that they have the best one for the price it is about $90 dollars and has two remotes and a trunk popper (which you have to have an electric trunk popper not a cable to be able to use) the range for the remotes were about 1000 feet if i remember right and of course they come with all the other normal features but i looked for quite a while and if i ever needed another one that is where i would go it even comes with a DVD and 1 800 # to ease the installation period.

Good Luck!!

Post Thanks / Like
    lame.. lame.. lame...

Post Thanks / Like
    i had one on my Lifted Tacoma. It was a Clifford 3 way pager Remote with the auto start feature. It was a great thing to have so you can let the engine warm up and either have your vehicle cool down or warm up prior to entry.

You can also set the allowed time to keep it running before it would shut itself off. Accidental starts were never a issue as you had to hit a certain button twice in a row pretty quick to have it start up.

Post Thanks / Like
    My dad has a really nice Viper on his car but the place that installed his only carries some AutoPage brand now. Anyone familiar with these?

Post Thanks / Like
    p.s. I know it`s an old thread but I`m getting one on my new car soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    My dad has a really nice Viper on his car but the place that installed his only carries some AutoPage brand now. Anyone familiar with these?

AutoPage has been around a long time. I`ve been shopping and comparing and am having an AutoPage unit installed next week for $200.

Their Web site is here:

AutoPage - The Leader In Real Automotive Solutions - Security, Remote Starts, 2-Way Communication, Replacement Transmitter

Manuals are here:

Operations Manual - AutoPage

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! They did a nice install on my dad`s car with his Viper so maybe I`ll go with the AutoPage. I just really liked the Viper my dad got. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know if they still make Clifford or who took them over but the two I had from them were terrible, very unreliable.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m getting the autopage installed in a couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    I`m getting the autopage installed in a couple of weeks.

Mine goes in tomorrow. I`ll post on the install and results. Pretty timely, I`ll be on 3rd shift for the rest of the week and the truck will be parked out in the tundra overnight. Oughta be fun looking out the window and cranking it up just when my relief is walking by on the way in . :heelclick

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    What model are you going with? I`m in the air right now. I`m either going with the standard one with door and trunk buttons or the 2way to let me know that the car actually started and I guess the remote tells the temperature inside the car as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m getting the Smart Start, that works with the iphone, use it anywhere I get cell service. I can park in the employee lot on the other side of the University and start my car from Inside the Hospital. Cool if you ask me

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bwalker25
    I`m getting the Smart Start, that works with the iphone, use it anywhere I get cell service. I can park in the employee lot on the other side of the University and start my car from Inside the Hospital. Cool if you ask me

I thought that was a breath alcohol meter wired into your ignition?

Post Thanks / Like
    lol, its available at bestbuy see link below:

Viper - Remote Start System with SmartStart (Basic Install Included) - Black - VSS4000

supposed to work anywhere you get cell service with AT&T.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information