Thread: USB Ports

Post Thanks / Like
    I just read the Kenwood came out with a indash radio/CD that has a USB port that will except the small jump drives. Anyone know anything about these?
    -Dennis

My Cars

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that would be great! I wouldnt have to spend the money on an ipod Im not someone who would use an iPod walkin around I only would want it to go in my car with my xm radio...However I dont want a small flash drive sticking out either, unless it is a small disk like some digital cameras have...Very interesting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    Wow that would be great! I wouldnt have to spend the money on an ipod Im not someone who would use an iPod walkin around I only would want it to go in my car with my xm radio...However I dont want a small flash drive sticking out either, unless it is a small disk like some digital cameras have...Very interesting!

Jump drives are those ones that fit on a keychain about 2" or so long. I have also looked at the iPod but since my new old car came with a cassette deck I need to replace it anyway.
    -Dennis

My Cars

Post Thanks / Like
    a client gave me a USB thumb drive to copy some files last week, when I looked it was so tiny when you pushed it into the usb port it was almost invisible.

Get this it was 8 Gig!

He was a pilot who flies to asia often, said it cost $15 and as he walked away after buying it several other shop owners asked him how much he paid and offered it for half of what he paid. He bought 10. He promised to get me one. 8 Gigs, man thats huge........... and it was 1/4 the size of my PNY 1 Gig

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if its USB2.0...It would sad if USB1.0

Post Thanks / Like
    it was 2.0 at least if not faster than my 2.0

He is going to send me a few, next time he is there which is hopefully very soon.

I told hom to get me 10 or 20 if they are less than 8 bucks each, great gifts for friends.....

I miss traveling, now Im only training pilots here local, used to be able to get software in aisa for a buck, full versions of anything.... every corner had them too

Post Thanks / Like
    OK...I found one. It is made by Kenwood and has USB 2.0. It will play upto 256 songs on single thumb drive and display song names upto 26 letters. There is three of them the cheapest is 199 and 235 and the upper end is 450.00. I went ahead and order the 235 and it should be here in about 2 weeks -- I will let you know what I think about it!!
    -Dennis

My Cars

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-4aEphxF...0&I=113KDCX890

I had a nice Kenwood h/u long ago, with the fold down face, and I always thought the sound quaity was great, but then the thing died on me after a couple years. Oh well...

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a pretty cool idea, never really though of it. I think it would be a much better for your average person to pick up a $20 flash drive than a $300 iPod.

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome ... USB is definately the way to go right now and flash drives are getting considerably cheaper now.
    1996 Nissan Maxima SE 5-spd

superblack!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisH
    OK...I found one. It is made by Kenwood and has USB 2.0. It will play upto 256 songs on single thumb drive and display song names upto 26 letters. There is three of them the cheapest is 199 and 235 and the upper end is 450.00. I went ahead and order the 235 and it should be here in about 2 weeks -- I will let you know what I think about it!!

Any updates?
    2002 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WSUcommuter
    Any updates?

Nope -- it was released on 15 March and the local shop has not recieved it yet.
    -Dennis

My Cars

Thread Information