Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I finally have some spare cash on hand and would like to get my windows tinted. The Tint & Trim Factory gave a price of $180(with referrel from Garcia Honda, normally $215) and they use the 3M tint thats garunteed to never turn purple, this is what I`m wanting, but everyone in my family keeps telling me to go to this one guy who has his own little shop and that he`ll probably only charge me $100. I found out he uses tint from Bekaert Specialty Films. I`ve never heard of this company, so can anyone offer up some suggestions or opinions on what they`d do?

Also another question that`s off topic. I waxed my car for the first time, actually my first time ever waxing any vehicle lol. So my question is this, now that I`ve waxed it, can I still wash it at those DIY places that use the high pressure wands or do I now have to hand wash it so as not to blast off the wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by samvjr
    Well, I finally have some spare cash on hand and would like to get my windows tinted. The Tint & Trim Factory gave a price of $180(with referrel from Garcia Honda, normally $215) and they use the 3M tint thats garunteed to never turn purple, this is what I`m wanting, but everyone in my family keeps telling me to go to this one guy who has his own little shop and that he`ll probably only charge me $100. I found out he uses tint from Bekaert Specialty Films. I`ve never heard of this company, so can anyone offer up some suggestions or opinions on what they`d do?

Also another question that`s off topic. I waxed my car for the first time, actually my first time ever waxing any vehicle lol. So my question is this, now that I`ve waxed it, can I still wash it at those DIY places that use the high pressure wands or do I now have to hand wash it so as not to blast off the wax?
    Bekaert HP True Gray 38% is on my 350Z sides and hatch glass. Cost $180 installed, lifetime guarantee that will transfer to a new owner. Very pleased with the product. Caution yourself not to use window cleaners with ammonia no matter which tint you choose unless the manufacturer states otherwise...Stoners Invisible Glass Cleaner will work/available at Wal Mart and lots of other places.

If you want the wax to last avoid high pressure water and harsh soaps.
    2006 Lexus IS 350 Tungsten Pearl2006 Porsche Boxster Atlas Gray Metallic

2004 Nissan 350Z GReddy TT Silverstone

2004 Ford F150 4x4 Extended Cab

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m happy with my LLumar. This is my 3rd vehicle with it.

Yes, you can still use pressurized water on a waxed vehicle. What do you think happens when you drive on the highway in the rain ?

Post Thanks / Like
    LLumar has been on my 86, 92, and current 98 S-series vehicle with great results.
    2002 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    I have LLumar as well, looks good exept the area where accord has doted matrix at the back window, also I had to install felt gasket against weather strip - accord has in their doors (weather strip is too stiff and traps the dirt which scraches the tint).

I went limo at the back and 35% front

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you`re talking about with the dotted matrix "fade out" around the window edges- PITA to tint around. I used to part time at a detail/accessory shop and I always had the owner do these windows.
    2002 Mustang GT

Thread Information