Post Thanks / Like
    Ford sent out these cards offering $50 for anyone that test drives a new Ford vehicle. My dad and I are going to the local dealership in a little while to drive something and get our $50.

What should we drive?

I told him to drive the new Stang but I thought the Five-Hundred might be a nice one to drive too...it`s a little more of what he would be looking for if he were actually in the market for a new car.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Try the new GT40! LOL
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    The Ford GT! If they aren`t letting anyone test those, then definitely a new Mustang GT. What a great restyle they gave the Mustang. I am very impressed with its appearance. :up
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    They don`t have any GTs around here.

I told him to drive a Stang GT 5spd, but he doesn`t like MTs as much as I do. And of course they wouldn`t let me drive it anyway. If they did, I`m sure the salesman would be right there in the car.

And the card they sent out is addressed to my dad, so only he can get the money.
    Paul...

Don't forget the pedals!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve gotten many of these in the mail. Volvo said $100 to Orvis, so we drove the new XC (when it first came out), Ford sent us a swiss army knife for driving the F150 supercrew (when it was a new truck style), Mercedes was giving out $25 gift cards to amazon.com for testing the new C230 Coupe back in the day, and I got a Kenneth Cole Watch ($109) from Nissan for driving the new Altima, which we were actually very close to buying.

Also, in the summer of 2003, my mom and I went to the Range Rover Experience at the American Club and Resort in Kohler, WI and were treated to food, shot off Holland and Holland guns ($80,000!!!!) and went to Road America, driving the new Range Rover. We then went off-road in it on a track that they made. It was exciting. Lot`s of free-bees too, like a leather journal, DVD, and $2000 off your purchase of a Range Rover.

I love it when auto companies give free stuff!!!

Paul, I`m assuming that you`ll go to Maritime Ford. When I went there last year to get a brochure for my parents on the Windstar, they said it "would cost me $3". BS!!!!! So we didn`t buy from them because of how stupid they are by doing little things like that and went out to get an Odyssey!

Post Thanks / Like
    tell your dad to drive the auto 05 mustang and at a stop light to floor it. i heard the first 3 gears are pretty close and makes for quick launches. i think the ford five hundred is based on a volvo. or if possible, see if they have an 04 cobra. heh heh....
    Reid

2004 Azure Blue Ford Mustang Mach1

Post Thanks / Like
    New mustang.

Post Thanks / Like
    White95Max, you gotta go for a Ford Focus!! LOL just kidding...definitely go for a Stang!!! Have some fun, and the $50 is just a bonus!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well we got back a little while ago. My dad drove the 500, though I told him to drive the Stang GT. He has problems with his hip, so he doesn`t like sitting low in cars. The 500 had seats that sit up higher than most cars.

I asked the salesman that rode along how much they charge for exterior detailing. He said he didn`t know, and he said they don`t even have their own detailing department...they send the new cars out to a "polishing shop" in town. The salesman asked me if I detailed cars (maybe he saw my car drive up ) and I said yes. He said they were looking for a place to send the cars for detailing because the other place couldn`t keep up or something.

Unfortunately, I couldn`t say I would do the cars because it`s too d*mn cold here for detailing for the next couple months or more.

I could be making a good chunk of change on these dealer cars. And new cars wouldn`t be very hard, unless they were badly swirled.

I felt a couple of the cars in the showroom and they were pretty smooth, but still a bit gritty. Obviously they just polished them without claying (or waxing even).

The paint on the car we drove was not smooth at all. No swirling that I could see, although it was silver/grey so it was hard to tell.

The car was actually quite nice. It had the optional CVT transmission, which was interesting. The motor was pretty strong (Duratec V6), although I`m used to hearing the roar of a cold-air intake upon heavy throttle, so I can`t say it sounded all that great!

I still wish we would have driven the Stang GT instead.
    Paul...

Thread Information