Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got back froma 650 mile round trip road trip to Sweet Home, Oregon. I went to the Mountain Mud Festival. 4x4 vehicles only. It was soo muddy and soo fun. Big Trucks, lots of mud. Good times. In the process my truck looks horrid, but it was worth it. Ill have to wash it using the pressure washer at the Car wash. Way too muddy to do by hand. There are a couple pics following. So be patient.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is one of the smallest obsticals. but for my stock tacoma it was more than a sufficient challenge. 4 trucks rolled that day

darn. ill finish this post in 20 minutes so check back. I need to resize photos

Post Thanks / Like
    one done

Post Thanks / Like
    one done 2 to go

Post Thanks / Like
    guess this is actually the last one

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks fun, I should take my Volvo out there. Its FWD, so im sure it would get good traction.

So what were some of the tough obsticles like? I bet there were some awesome trucks there, did you get any more pictures?
    ~Cody Julian

Post Thanks / Like
    there were hundreds of trucks. There was a hill, about 100 yards tall, and at a 70 degree upgrade. 4 trucks rolled trying to get up it so i opted not to.

Traction was soo hard to get. there were alot of step side chevys. with 44in tires and 12in lifts. the usual mud bashing vehicles. that were having trouble getting around. there were 20+ collisions due to not having traction and sliding into people. most people were driving like a crab walks. sideways. It was so bad, they wernt even letting 2 wheel drive vehicles up the road to get to the event.

There was also a hole. about 15ft deep, and 10ft long. 8 ft wide. only one truck got through it, the rest needed to be pulled out. here is a photo.

it was all good times though. But actually one person died of a heart attack. but that didnt have much to do with the actual event.

oh, and to make this more on topic. any idea of how to get that mud off safely. im thinking of taking it to the car wash and use the pressure washer, then taking it home and hand washing. it has a fresh coat of wax under there.. somewhere

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Roderigo

it was all good times though. But actually one person died of a heart attack. but that didnt have much to do with the actual event.

wow thats not cool! Glad you had fun and were safe :xyxthumbs
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    here is a crater they made to climb out of.. i did this once.. and on the bottom u can see the hill i was talking about. u can see a truck on it that slid sideways.. that truck rolled right after i took this picture, right after i ran out of film

Post Thanks / Like
    forgot the pic

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Roderigo!!

I have done my share of hardcore 4 wheelin`!! I have to admitt, I still love to, but it scares the heck out of my wife!!

But it is ironic how you and I love using the 4x4 and belong to Autopia!!!

Yes, you will need a pressure washer!! I bought my own as it was alot easier to come home after a day of fishing and 4 wheelin` to pull out the pressure washer and clean the mud off. You may want to save and invest in a decent 5hp model if you plan to get muddy often. That way, you can take as long as you want and be very thorough, making sure to get ALL the mud off! Then you can wash as normal! If you just use the hose to get the mud off, I will guarantee you, you will not get all the mud off(no matter how carful you are) and you will put scratches into the paint. For example, the lip of the fender is a real buggar for holding hidden mud. Then, right when you are doing the fender with that nice lambs wool mitt, SOB!! a chuck of mud gets on your mitt!!! Ask me how I know!!! That mitt is history!!

I now have bought a new truck and drive around the mud holes, instead of through them. My truck still gets plenty muddy when I go fishing on a mountain lake, especially in the spring time!! But I try to minimize the damage now as I have to polish out every scratch afterwards!! Oh well at least I get a lot of practice polishing!!

:xyxthumbs

Go have fun while you can!! Heck I mud bogged for years and do not regret it at all!! Just be prepared and expect the odd scratch or two!!:p

ps. Do you notice how all the Chevys are at the bottom of the hill and the Fords at the top? LOL LOL!! Sorry, I could not resist!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that looks like fun! Great pics
    2000 Mustang V6/5-Speed
    2002 PT Cruiser Limited

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 2hotford

ps. Do you notice how all the Chevys are at the bottom of the hill and the Fords at the top? LOL LOL!! Sorry, I could not resist!!

Lol, i also noticed all the dodges seemed to be in the parking lots. lol. the most hardcore wheelers were the Yotas.:xyxthumbs

I would have done alot more if i had my dedicated wheeling rig. My 1979 Toyota 4x4. takes a good beating. i have almost rolled it 2 times. Thats my real wheeling rig. but i didnt have anything to tow it down with. its not street legal as u will see in the photo attached. It doesnt even have power steering. You think waxing by hand is a work out? Try wheeling a rig with no power steering

Post Thanks / Like
    here is the kind of wheeling to do. not so much speed bashing in puddles. but the slow miles of trails. full of downed trees and such. This was taken about a year ago. the Toyota Trash. we call ourselves... at least i call us that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah.... the good old days!!:bounce

Yah, it is better to have a dedicated off road truck and save your good one!! I won`t be showing these pictures to my wife as she is still mad at me for taking her up way too steep of hill!! I guess the fact that we were sliding backwards while the wheels were spinnig forward kind have upset her...just a little! So, when I thought about having ARB air lockers installed my wife... well..you remember the cold hand senario???!! !!! So, I traded the mud terrains for all terrains Oh well!

I forgot to tell you, be careful not to get too close to the paint with the pressure washer, especially around painted moldings and mirrors; you might find some lose paint the hard way!!!

Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information