Thread: Lexus 430 LS

Post Thanks / Like
    Just took a crack at a 2002. Retail MSRP 69,600 back in 2002. They were willing to come down to 63000. Oh, I should mention this is the Ultimate model with everything under the sun. I can get a 2003 without all the bells and whistles for 63K but the 2002 is identical and is loaded with toys you can`t even imagine..... vibrating back seats and Nav system was some of my favorites! I think that at this time of the year with the 03`s out, I should be able to do better. The invoice is 57K and that was a year ago. Any ideas for what I should offer for this car. It has 800 miles on it...probably a demo of sorts.

H

Post Thanks / Like
    With an invoice of $57K and 800 dealer miles (which can be very hard miles) I would not offer anything above $60K. With the economy in the dumps right now I would imagine luxury cars are not flying off the lot and they should be willing to make a deal. Especially since high luxury cars depreciate so fast it`s sicking. If it were me, I would say between $58,500-$60,000. Nothing more. Around $59K would be my target price.

Good Luck!
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    If the invoice was $57k for a 2002, that`s what the dealership floor planned the car for, it doesn`t matter if the dealership took delivery of the car last year or 3 weeks ago. The whole time these cars are sitting on the lot, the dealership is paying interest on them. You need to look on the driver`s door and find out the date of manufacture. Add about 45 days to that date and this will give you some idea of how long the dealership has had this car in inventory. The reason you need to know this is because it will give you extra bargaining power. If the dealership has had this car for more than 60 days, they`ll want to unload it. Even though most interest rates are pretty low, paying interest on a $57k car eats into the profit. One thing to also consider is that manufacturers often give dealerships a rebate/kickback on true demos. Who knows what that amount would be, but let`s say $1k as a guess. So with a $57k invoice, substract $1k(maybe), add 6% for profit and you come up with about $59-$60k like Showroom said.

Even though the car is essentially new it is one model year older now so that should be worth another $1k deduction. Offer them $58k and see what happens. You could also drag this deal out for 3 more weeks and see if you could benefit from the "end of the month" sales push. This could be kind of risky, but if you salesperson thinks you`re really interested in buying this car they should call you first before someone else buys it from under you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in the same situation as you are, but it was a new car. The Land Cruiser invoice was $57k and the sticker was $64,000. It is a 2002 model year, and we had come in to see the 2001 models that were being offered at Invoice price becasue they were demos.

We got there, and the last `01 had just rolled off the lot. So my dealer was generous enough to lower the price on the `02 with 12 miles, down to the same $57k people paid for the `01 with 200-500 miles.

Good Deal... :xyxthumbs

BTW: My dealer --

Classic Toyota in North Austin, Tx
    ~Cody Julian

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the car wholesale folks I know are telling me that the LS430 is a pretty hot car. Most folks want them with all the toys and in popular colors like silver or white. An LS430 outfitted like that is going for about $60K at dealer auctions.

If the car`s been titled before (you said it was a demo) then it will be considered a used car when you buy it so the price should be a little better than a new one. The LS430 doesn`t depreciate much so don`t expect a big discount on one; they aren`t Town Car`s or Sedan Deville`s or Q45`s or Acura RL`s.

800 miles is nothing on a new car. It was prolly driven by the owners wife who didn`t like the color because it didn`t match her favorite handbag, or something equally silly.

The only new Lexus you will ever get close to invoice is the "Lot Freak" which is the car in the oddball color with options no one wants. Like a black car with a black interior, no sunroof, no CD changer, and Cold Weather Pkg, selling in Miami, FL. Only a masochist wants a car like that.

Good luck. Let us know what you decide.

Post Thanks / Like
    hey, have you searched ebay motors? I`ve seen some cars going for pretty good prices. Check out the link below, its for lexus LS section on Ebay. Also, you should shop around on the net, you would probably find a better deal because prices sometimes are different across the country. If you find what you want, just have them ship it. Its like $500-1000 I think nation wide. Good Luck.

http://listings.ebaymotors.com/pool1...dir=-1&from=R4

P.S. Might I say, excellent choice. To me, the LS430 is dollar for dollar the best Luxury car out there. Thats what I`d get if I was buying a luxury car. :up

Thread Information