Thread: Lemon Laws

Post Thanks / Like
    The concept behind this thread is to provide links for us to learn about the Lemon Laws according to each state or province. If you have any links or information pertaining to this topic, please post.

Any posts not pertaining to the topic will be deleted.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Lemon Law America

Hvaing just resolved a Lemon Lawsuit with Ford in August 2003 that started in August 2002 I can tell you that it is a long drawn out process. The manufacturer will stretch this out as long as they can hoping you will get tired and give up. Fortunately for my wife and I we were able to afford to just park the car and not deal with it except to drive it once every couple of weeks and change the oil in it every three months while this went on. I purchased mymustangsucks.com, sheehyfordsucks.com sheehysucks.com and a couple of other domain name swhich I have now let go. I made sure when my attorney was emailing Ford`s attorneys he cc`d me at my email addresses at those domains (my favorite was service@sheehyfordsucks.com) and made it clear to all of the Ford reps involved that I would wait them out.

I elected for a jury trial since I figured that it wouldn`t be hard to find a jury full of people that had trouble with getting car problems resolved rather than a hearing in front of a judge alone. Ford made several offers to settle before the case was heard in court and I kept countering them higher than I was asking for in my suit. I finally settled with them the day of the trial and incurred no attorney costs.

One last thought- Make sure that the attorney works on the basis that if you win or settle the manufacturer pays the fees on top of your money and if you lose you pay nothing.

Mark
    `95 White/Burgandy Porsche 968 Cabriolet

`02 Sebring Silver/Red Honda S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    White968, what a great story and with a happy ending too.

No Lemon Laws here in Australia
    Heading towards "obsessed" - Got Orbital, been to my Detailing Workshop and now understand Orbital & Clay

Post Thanks / Like
    Lemon Law Bible

I bought a new 2002 Pontiac Montana Mini-Van in Late August of 2002. I had all sorts of problems with it. My June of 2003, GM bought it back under the Michigan Lemon Law. I had had roughly 27 pages of repair history by then. I went through 3 sets of brake pads, 2 sets of rotors, and 2 sets of drum brakes in about 22K miles. It was so bad that on Friday the 13th of all days (Dec.13, 2002) I ended up rear ending some poor lady because my brakes werent working right. It was just a minor accident at low speed (15mph) but still. Also, was on my second radio, third armrest, ect..... The dealer that serviced it was in Davison, MI. Their name is Jim Waldron Pontiac Buick GMC. They are BAD, BAD, BAD. Thats not just my opinion either. I caught them in so many lies, it isn`t even funny. I even tape recorded the service manager lying, and then when I confronted him with proof he was lying, then played a copy of the tape, he turned about 10 shades of red. The kicker is, I didn`t even buy it from them, however, they were the only ones who ever serviced it, and GM made THEM buy it back. The link above is to a very educating book. The author was who represented me. He was great!!

End result, since the milage was high for less than a year of ownership, they just bought the vehicle back and didn`t give us any money for it, however, they gave us cash for the price we paid for the 100K warranty. The lawyer didn`t take any of that and was paid in full by GM. I would recommend him and to stay away from that mini-van. Well, atleast that model year.

Best part is, when we went to turn it in, they did their final inspection. They forgot the 2nd row passanger captain`s chair with the built in cup holders. We never used it, took it out when we got it. That was their was more room on the inside and easier to get the kids in and out. My wife was about to do the right thing and inform them and go home right away to get it and return it when I shot her the look of death. She then read my mind and smiled an evil grin. Those a**holes screwed us around for around 9 months, we deserve the chair. Now, it`s in my basement and serves as my 8 year olds lazy boy for when he is playing X-Box.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. / Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

Post Thanks / Like
    i feel they give to much room

Post Thanks / Like
    the lemon law is a good idea haha

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    No Lemon Laws here.

Post Thanks / Like

inFORM Decisions -Â`AS400 reports

Post Thanks / Like
    there is a link as you reqrired, here you can find lots of things.

CPFTA & Lemon Law

---------------------

2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

Thread Information