Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions for sub 20k sedans

In all honesty, we both really really liked the Impala, but are still going to drive a couple other cars just to make sure were making the right decision

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

My dad owns a 2015 Impala LTZ. The LTZ is now referred to as the Premier. He daily drives it and likes it. It`s spacious and there is enough room for 3 in the back. If you do decide on an Impala be sure to get the V6. It is definitely needed to haul around the weight of the car.

When I drove it, it felt nimble and quick. Overall it drives nice. The complaint I have is the rear window. It is small so it will take time to adjust to the visibility. The other issue is that the gasket on the rear taillights is prone to failing. I am not sure what years this affects but there is a TSB for it. Essentially in heavy rains water will get through and get the carpet wet. My dad`s has this issue. The good thing is it doesn`t rain that much here.

The other complaint on the impala forums is the noise and comfort with the 20 inch wheels. The other thing I have seen lately on the forums and on my dad`s are the b pillars starting to have clear coat failure.

Other than that it is a nice car to drive. I was just looking at the latest issue of consumer reports magazine and it received a score of 86/100 in the large size sedan category. It was recommended by consumer reports.

My dad bought his through enterprise car sales. The thing that is nice is that they have a no haggle policy. So the price is what it is. They will have slightly more mileage but for the price it is not bad. I think my dad paid around $22-23k.

Good luck on the finding the right vehicle. I
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought my wife a 2015 Mazda 6 i sport today. Leather interior pretty well loaded with 40k on it for 14k. My buddy works for Mazda and honestly I never even considered one until now. Looking forward to spending some time with it getting it proper lol.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Justins00ss- Ah, glad you were able to come to a decision! I bet she`ll love it.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I am bumping this thread and asking House of Wax, the original poster (OP) , did you buy a vehicle yet??

Curious minds want to know (or just plain nosy Autopians. Well, one for sure) .
    GB detailer
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, good bumping Yeah...what ever happened?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    OK, I am bumping this thread and asking House of Wax, the original poster (OP) , did you buy a vehicle yet??

Curious minds want to know (or just plain nosy Autopians. Well, one for sure) .
    LOL. I`ll third your question. My family most likely will be in the market next year. Hoping our 04 Cadillac can make it one more year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    ... Hoping our 04 Cadillac can make it one more year.
    Yikes, why wouldn`t it? If we had an `04 it`d be one of our "newest model year" vehicles..
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Subaru
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Subaru
    Unless you get one like either of mine...utterly unreliable to the point that we simply had to get something we could count on and frustrating to drive when they did work. Sold the WRX with the CEL still lit after *months* of [messing] around with the local dealerships but at least we could usually drive it (more than we could say about our Outback wagon). That`s leaving aside the, uhm...dramatic differences in performance...between the Subie AWD and Audi`s Quattro, which were an Object Lesson in how different such systems can be..

Oh man did we want to like those Subarus, but they were simply lousy cars compared to what we`re used to and the dealerships couldn`t fix them..apparently in part because "they usually don`t have problems like that..".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Unless you get one like either of mine...utterly unreliable to the point that we simply had to get something we could count on and frustrating to drive when they did work. Sold the WRX with the CEL still lit after *months* of [messing] around with the local dealerships but at least we could usually drive it (more than we could say about our Outback wagon). That`s leaving aside the, uhm...dramatic differences in performance...between the Subie AWD and Audi`s Quattro, which were an Object Lesson in how different such systems can be..

Oh man did we want to like those Subarus, but they were simply lousy cars compared to what we`re used to and the dealerships couldn`t fix them..apparently in part because "they usually don`t have problems like that..".
    I didn`t have much luck with the Subie Outback wagon we owned either. While it was amazing in nasty/snowy weather, it was pretty crude and "agricultural" compared to other cars of similar same age. I bought ours used and what was a somewhat reliable car for the previous owner (he provided service records) turned out to be a bit of a money pit for me. When the timing belt tensioner failed at highway speed and the engine proceeded to consume itself, it was a blessing. My daughter was the primary driver at the time and despite all the troubles, she became a wagon fanatic. Her husband now drives a Forrester which he also loves, but it has become a money pit as well and they are starting to budget for something else before it leaves them stranded on the road like the Outback. I think that car is on it`s second or third head gasket, a common problem for Subies.

Moving from the Subie to a Mazda was the best thing we ever did. Not only was it a nicer driving and far better built car, but it`s been shockingly reliable.

Post Thanks / Like

My truck went down about 2 or 3 years ago and my vet is not really setup as a DD . I went to one of the lease turn places call AutoLenders here. Bought an Altima that in the last 30K ( bought with 30K) has been flawless while returning a little over 40 mpg. This might be the first car I bought as pure transportation with no regards to the thought of performance or looks or features. I does fit that "looks like the rest " bill but performs pretty dang good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Moving from the Subie to a Mazda was the best thing we ever did. Not only was it a nicer driving and far better built car, but it`s been shockingly reliable.
    The MPV we had undid decades of good will regarding Mazdas. So utterly unreliable as to be downright dangerous (went into/out of Limp Home Mode randomly and continually) and rusted through from the inside (found out later there`s an issue with the initial construction, most all of `em do it in the same places). Dealers/Reps were, uhm...not helpful. We simply loved our previous Mazdas, which were great in all respects and perfectly reliable, but that thing was about as bad as a new vehicle purchase could`ve been.

Post Thanks / Like

What`d the OP end up with?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Inquiring Minds Want To Know

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information