Post Thanks / Like
    What type of monthly (or regular) maintenance items do you guys perform (ie. check fluid levels, tire pressure, etc.)?

Post Thanks / Like
    I check my fluids bi-weekly..when I clean under the hood....

I check my air weekly...

I look at the belts same time I check fluids....

I visually check the undercarriage every oil change..or sooner....for leaks...or any abnormility...

I also change my air filter every 6 months whether it needs it or not....cheap security...

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    weekly - tire pressure

monthly - under hood check

3 months - oil change with filter

6months - oil change with filter, radiator flush, tire rotation

yearly - oil change with filter, tire rotation, and change the following: tranny fluid, power steering,

entire coolant system, fuel additive, spark plugs, engine + a/c filter, winshield wipers

bi yearly - brake pads(shoes, rotors, wheel cylinders if needed), fuel filter, pcv valve, head light bulbs, thermostat with gasket, upper&lower radiator hose, heater core hose

4 year - water pump, timing belt (havent gotten there yet)

* i do this on whatver car i have, currently i have the 03 civic

yes just a *lil* over the top but i love working on cars. and ppl think im crazy cuz i wax every month..if they only knew....lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I check the tire pressure daily on the C5 via the monitor (push a button and each tire pressure is presented). I do this when I first start (cold pressure) the vehicle and after 10 min of driving (hot pressure). No rotation possible. Run-flats directional hi-speed low profile tire with 17" in front and 18" rear.

Escalade: bi-monthly pressure check and daily visual inspection.

Oil bi-weekly. No history of any oil consumption between oil changes on either the Escalade or C5. Change oil per manufacturer`s recommendation.

Visually check fluids when detailing the engine bay - monthly.

Monitor gauges - oil (transmission and motor) and water temp daily while driving.

Visually check parking area daily for any leaking fluids - none so far.:woot:

Other than that, I just drive them and detail them to death.

Post Thanks / Like
    On my DD, I`ll check tire pressure every couple of weeks. Usually, I just pull it in the shop before I leave work, check the pressure and make the necessary adjustments. My focus has about 32K on the clock, and it really doesnt call for anything other than oil changes for quite a few more miles. I will usually pop the hood once a week or every other week to make sure there are no visible leaks from the top side. I park my cars in the same spot every day at work and every night at home, so I know there is no oil making it to the ground.

When it comes to the SS, I spend more time inspecting it that I do driving it. If there is a place to look on that sucker, I look there constantly. Partly because it was my very first car, and I`m pretty attatched to it, and partly because I really wish I could drive it a bit more than I do...Since I try to keep it out of the daily grind (traffic, speedbumps, etc.)and try to avoid taking it anywhere that it will be parked for more than a few minutes, it doesnt get a whole lot of mileage. Last time it was in the air I did notice a little bit of oil (nothing that makes it to the ground) and by checking hte dipstick, it`s really not leaking much. I think it`s the infamous LT1 intake manifold leak...which I am sure you can probably identify with Zane.
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a LT1 equipped Z28 95 Covertible (hence blkZ28Conv) that had the maniford small leak. I had it repaired at 13,000 and not problem since. Check those rear pinion seals very closely. They are none to link.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a LT1 equipped black Z28 95 convertible (hence blkZ28Conv) that had the infamous LT1 manifold nuiance tiny leak. I had it repaired at 13,000 and no problem up to the time I sold it 9 years later (43,000 mi).

Check the rear pinion seals very closely. They are known to link also secondary to the trauma produced by the high torque of a LT1 engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    My SS will get a more serious checkup near the end of next month. I have to get it ready to run at the Super Heavy Shootout. www.sshs6.com
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout

Sounds like a great time to be had by all!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Another thing to add, I check all the lights on the first of each month, turn, brake, license etc.
    07 Kia Sportage EX

07 Kia Rio

Dodge Dakota 4 door 4x4

Chrysler 300m Sold

92 Dodge Stealth RT TT Sold

Post Thanks / Like
    In order to keep your car in a good condition, you should pay extra attention on the maintenance of your car and its parts. You will have to take care of each and every aspect to ensure the safety of your car. Few tips to maintain your car like a new one for long -

• Regular oil changes are the most important aspect of keeping your engine in good shape.

• Wash your car regularly, wax it on your weekly off to keep the car shining and free from corrosion.

• Take care of any minor niggles as soon as you can, so that they don’t balloon into serious problems and maybe the need for expensive repairs.

• Use only original parts. Spurious spares may be cheaper, but how much is your peace of mind worth?

Similarly, car tyres are very important for ensuring safety and better life of your car. Well-maintained tyre will provide a wonderful driving experience in terms of performance, grip, tyre noise and wear. You should always be very careful while selecting your car tyre. I have been using CEAT tyres in my car for many years. I am amazed by the performance of my car tyres. So, you can also go for CEAT if you want to change your car tyres.

Thread Information