Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honda Accord V6

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe I`m about to pull the trigger and get a new Honda Accord V6. Still doing my research so I wanted to get an opinion to see if anyone is driving a 07/08 on this board.

How do you like it so far, any problems? What made you go for the v6 over the 4?....That kind of feedback.

Have a safe New Year`s Day

Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    `Congrats on the new car - I looked at the same car when it first came out. If you dont receive a lot of responces here, check out The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura Enthusiasts Online - there are many threads about the new accord. Good luck. :2thumbs:`

Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say is from outward appearances I really like the body style af the 08 Accord. Bout all I can say. Great car by the way

Post Thanks / Like
    check out.... 8thAccord.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    check out.... 8thAccord.org

Thank you for the link, hope I can pickup some good info...

Post Thanks / Like
    My Dad has the `04 V6 and has had zero problems with it. He has around 42,000 miles on it right now. Paint is really good too. He washes it properly but even with no deep polishing by him or me, the car is 98% swirl free.

The V6 is waaaaaay more fun than the I4. My Dad gets 22 mpg in town and 30 mpg freeway with the V6.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    My friend has a new Accord V6.. that thing moves! And relieable as heck!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That Honda V6 has to be the best damn "everyday" engine out there, closely beating out the V6 Nissan/Infiniti puts in all their cars by a hair in my opinion. Its not often you get an engine that hits the sweet spot with performance, torque and fuel economy all at once, and does it without forced induction. Thought I would hate the new body style but once again Honda has surprised me, its really nice in person and has caught me doing a triple take on the road a few times "Was that a....? No way, cool!"

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d just look out for the auto trannies on those Accord V6s, I had an 04 V6 6spd and it was great, but the autos are different stories, my mom has a 03 V6 auto and she replaced her tranny at 35K. Love honda, but hate their V6 autos! lol
    Always being the youngest isn`t always a bad thing...:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    the accord is a beaut. i drive an integra and think of the accord as the next step up. lovely.

hopefully the paint job is better than on my teg which is so bad that i actually hate cleaning my car!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 08 Honda Accord EX-V6. I have 4K miles on it now - bought it 10/26/07. I love the car. It gets 26.7 mpg! It runs great, plenty fast for getting on the freeway. I had a 06 Rav4 with V6, the Honda is so much nicer, the interior, the fit and finish, and the transmission (auto) stays in the gear long enough to get going instead of jumping to overdrive in 3 seconds like the Rav. Yesterday some guy in a pimped out Lexas and I were driving like Earnhardt down the freeway, when we stopped - he looked at my car and gave it a big grin and thumbs up, kinda like he was surprised it was an Accord.

Post Thanks / Like
    The V6 on the Accord is great...I think was `02-`05 has some transmission flaw. I cant believe it these `07 V6 Accord can do better mileage than my `07 Subaru Outback H4(22 hwy).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klnyc
    I cant believe it these `07 V6 Accord can do better mileage than my `07 Subaru Outback H4(22 hwy).

really?

our 04 Saturn Vue with the Honda 3.5L V6 averages over 25 MPG

it`s larger and has AWD

Post Thanks / Like
    Honda solved their V6 automatic issues part-way through the `04 model year and took care of the earlier model issues.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I test drove the new 2008 V6 coupe and LOVED it. My best friend purchased his 2005 Accord from his friend who he sees every night at his Karate classes. He will be introducing me so hopefully I can work out a deal.

I am also throwing the new Altima V6 coupe in the mix too. I don`t want to settle on the Accord without checking it out. A bit cheaper too.
    Seth

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information