Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Msssachusetts State Police have some new cruisers. They are Dodge Chargers in the standard French Blue/Navy Blue livery.

They are semimarked. While they are lettered, they have no light bars on the roof.

They also have some totally unmarked Ford Mustang GT`s.. in all colors.

Post Thanks / Like
    there are unmarked chargers 2
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya I have seen the unmarked ones a lot. I almost got nailed the other day on 213 in Methuen.
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    If it wasn`t for radio`s or helicopters I`d like to see just how much the police Chargers and Mustang GT`s have got.:hide:

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s a few of them around here as well. They are the coolest looking cop car sedan in decades.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah we have the mustang police cars out here... and they are fully unmarked...

I was at a stoplight once (in my `99 mustang GT ) an one of them pulled up next to me (you can tell if it is a cop or not, their lights aren`t hidden all too well) and he looked over and started to rev his engine.. he wanted to race...

needless to say, I wasn`t as dumb as he thought- he ended up pulling someone else over

Post Thanks / Like
    They have them down here in NYC too. Assigned to the highway patrol division mostly. I wonder if any of these Charger Police Cars are SRT8 versions. That would be a killer set up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Razloga
    yeah we have the mustang police cars out here... and they are fully unmarked...

I was at a stoplight once (in my `99 mustang GT ) an one of them pulled up next to me (you can tell if it is a cop or not, their lights aren`t hidden all too well) and he looked over and started to rev his engine.. he wanted to race...

needless to say, I wasn`t as dumb as he thought- he ended up pulling someone else over

if he revved is engine at you that could have been consider intrapment. there is a grey black tinted window camero in gaffney,s.c. that is an unmarked that use to rev his engine at other sports cars and race them then right them a ticket. well all his tickets he wrote were thrown out cause he provoked it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLINY
    They have them down here in NYC too. Assigned to the highway patrol division mostly. I wonder if any of these Charger Police Cars are SRT8 versions. That would be a killer set up.

read something about 5 years ago that the NYC police will go undercover to street races film it for about 1 month and have enough evidence to come get your car and keep them the way they are. which means nitrious,chargers and all the mods stay on the cars. only thing done is paint job and light bars

Post Thanks / Like
    A local police officer who lives down the street from me drives a black charger, however the markings on it are almost invisible as it is the reflective markings. No light bar or anything....always catches me off guard when I see him..luckily I haven`t been pulled over by him!

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 on that being one of the cooler cop car models.

My town (raleigh suburb, population 15,000) just got in 7.

Pic attached.

I`m so used to scanning for crown vic`s and impala`s that these things throw me off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    MN gots every damn thing now. The latest I saw was a Trailblazer SS that was a statie.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Chargers have been in the fleet for a while. I`ve seen them quite a few times. MA has an extended collection of stealth vehicles used in enforcement....

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, the good old days of it only being Crown Vics everywhere (and the easy spotting) are gone. My town seems to have mostly Chargers for patrol now, and although they are conspicuously marked, I`m still trying to train myself to look for something other than Crown Vics at night. One of the other towns around here uses Impalas for unmarked patrol and detective work, those are another sneaky one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw something even better.....unmarked taxis.

Yes, I have seen them around but generally they`re used for local street enforcemnet, DT, etc.

Was cruising home and took the middle lane on a know speed trap area.

A little chevy cobalt or malibu go barreling down the speed lane .

Taxi right behind it. I assumed it was just taxi following the rabbit.

Taxi lit the driver up about 1 1/2 mile away.

Local PD has been pretty good lately about switching things up !

Previously, it was mostly marked cars in always the same spots.

Not they mix things up a bit...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information