Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I didnt know where to put this so i put it here where pictures are more welcomed......i just need an opinion for some research

Which one of these would you rather drive and why? lincoln towncar, lexus gs 400?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Lexus... by far. Lexus (Toyota) makes a far superior vehicle vs Lincoln (Ford).
    -2002 35th Anniversary SS Camaro Limited Edition-

-651rwhp/567rwtq @ 6400rpm.

-D1SC Procharger-Custom Cam-FMIC-6.0L Heads-9psi-

Post Thanks / Like
    Lexus. If its the one in the pic, lose wheels, those tints, pinstripe, and maybe the spoiler?

But a Lexus, nonetheless.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve driven both for extended periods. The Town Car belongs to a friend who can`t drive himself due to health reasons.

The Town Car is scary to drive. It floats, wanders side-to-side and the steering is vague. When you drive the Town Car, it`s like your the captain of the Queen Mary.

"Engine room, full throttle!" Wait for it.... ah, the bow (hood) rises a few seconds later and we pick up speed. "Maximum braking!" The carstops in the next county. "Ninty degree right turn!" Wait....the car lists to the right and makes a turn somewhere between 83 and 94 degrees. It even makes you sea-sick, just like an ocean liner.

I would only buy a Lincoln Town Car if I were making a stretch limo. I refuse to cut a decent car like the Lexus in half.

Post Thanks / Like
    A Town Car is a taxi/limo to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t do imports.

and those rims would have to go on both cars

Post Thanks / Like
    Lexus ALL DAY. Besides the fact that there is no driving experience in the TC, since you are going with an older car (ascertained by the fact you said GS 400) you should go with the LEX. It will give you less problems, and it looks much better.
    PERFECTION is in the details

Post Thanks / Like
    Replace the mirror tint on the Lexus with limo tint and get some different rims..even stock would be nice and then you would be rolling quite nicely. I just cant take anyone seriously when they have those rims on a car and mirror tint. Looks too much like a matchbox car otherwise

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d go for the Lincoln. I usually have to haul people around. Go for a Carier L, if you can find one. Pick up a Gen 2 Mark VIII for a fast coupe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Town Cars are absolutely hideous to look at, nearly Aztec ugly. I`d definitely go with the GS400. Tighter handling, much better acceleration, at least as quiet at freeway speeds, better leather, carpeting and vinyl/plastics and better looking.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    There are all sorts of things to consider, some of them intangible, personal preference issues, some of them situational (working for Ford? Guess which one I`d choose then ). Drive them both and see which one is best for you. Easy to say the Lexus is simply the better car (well, duh ), but it`s not always that simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why is this in click and brag?

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a trick question right? Lexus, without hesitation. The TC is a horrendus vehicle (to drive and look at). Lexus quality is lightyears ahead of Ford. It`s not even remotely close really.

Those that compared the TC to a boat are dead on. The TC handles like an aircraft carrier!
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STG

The Town Car is scary to drive. It floats, wanders side-to-side and the steering is vague. When you drive the Town Car, it`s like your the captain of the Queen Mary.

"Engine room, full throttle!" Wait for it.... ah, the bow (hood) rises a few seconds later and we pick up speed. "Maximum braking!" The carstops in the next county. "Ninty degree right turn!" Wait....the car lists to the right and makes a turn somewhere between 83 and 94 degrees.

I thought that`s what makes it fun.

Personally, I`d take the Lincoln. I know a guy who drove one (that same body) to over 300K miles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information