Thread: dent removal

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2005 SAAB black

I just got it 5 days ago (used car). Prior to purchase i noticed there was a ding on the door. Rear driver side . its not really a ding like an inverted pimple but more like a line (from edge of a door). The Paint is not broken and the metal is not creased. Its very very shallow even at an agle its hard to identify.

I would like to get that taken care of and someone local mentioned Dent Wizard. Has anyone used their service and whats your experience. Does it work ? Guarantee ?

TIA
    Keep the rubbers (tire threads) sticky

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by goixiz
    I have a 2005 SAAB black

I just got it 5 days ago (used car). Prior to purchase i noticed there was a ding on the door. Rear driver side . its not really a ding like an inverted pimple but more like a line (from edge of a door). The Paint is not broken and the metal is not creased. Its very very shallow even at an agle its hard to identify.

I would like to get that taken care of and someone local mentioned Dent Wizard. Has anyone used their service and whats your experience. Does it work ? Guarantee ?

TIA
    They are good and can get out most everything. The only thing I saw a dent wizard not be able to get out was a dent in a weird place on a Porsche because he could not get his tools between the panels to work the dent out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just look in the Yellow Pages for a Paintless Dent Removal business. I have one I call whenever I get a ding. He charges $50 a panel, and had only had one thing he couldnt` totally fix, but he did get it to look much better. Sometimes if there is a structure like a door support beam they cant` get it. 90% are fixable.

I wouldnt` advise watching if you are weak ni the knees. My guy grabbed a big mallet, bent down, looked at me with a crazy look in his eye and whapped the door super hard! I just about passed out. He just laughed and said he loved doing that! He needed to make the dent smooth all the way `round, and thats the technique!

Just go back in the house and wait to him to finish!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chpsk8
    Just look in the Yellow Pages for a Paintless Dent Removal business. I have one I call whenever I get a ding. He charges $50 a panel, and had only had one thing he couldnt` totally fix, but he did get it to look much better. Sometimes if there is a structure like a door support beam they cant` get it. 90% are fixable.

I wouldnt` advise watching if you are weak ni the knees. My guy grabbed a big mallet, bent down, looked at me with a crazy look in his eye and whapped the door super hard! I just about passed out. He just laughed and said he loved doing that! He needed to make the dent smooth all the way `round, and thats the technique!

Just go back in the house and wait to him to finish!

Wow thts very reasonable

I got a quote from dent wizard and they say they start at about $80

Is your a private owner or a chain that provides you the $50 service ?
    Keep the rubbers (tire threads) sticky

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a dent and a crease in my drivers door. Dent Wizard said $150, I said OK.

There was a brace inside the door that kept the guy from being able to do a perfect job of getting the dent out. After he worked on it for about 45 minutes he said it was the best he could get it how about $100. I said OK.

Its not perfect but it good enough that I can forget about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    He`s a franchise of the Dent Wizard. I found him at a local dealership, and had him come to my house to do two of my vehicles. I got him a ton of business in my neighborhood, so I get a pretty good deal. Come to think of it, we all get a pretty good deal!

I just leave the car unlocked in the driveway while I`m at work and he takes care of it.

Its a major skill these guys have, it`s very artistic to watch.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Dent Wizard once and another company in So Cal that works around the area. For my wifes FX and my G35 (each had a little door dingy that was visible at a certain angle) DW charged 180.00 which included them driving to us and not to the showroom. They were in the door area (drivers side) of each car. The last one was in my G35 drivers door...suv parked close to me and then took off...anyway, 125.00 and the guy came to my house.....each time was done perfectly. I should warn you about getting this done....it will become an obsession!

Good luck, Manny

Post Thanks / Like
    Its usually cheaper if you have 2 or more dents, cause they charge about the same price for 1 -3 dents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have had good results w/ paintless dent removal.

Thread Information