Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just bought a small hatchback to use as a daily driver. The car is a 2000 model pulsar sss and is in fairly good condition. There are a few minor swirls, but nothing major. I want it to look nice, but more importantly I want a combo that will be long lasting. I don’t have the time to polish this one regularly, because my garage queen GTR takes up all my time.

I have a PC and the full range of Poorboys products, but I am happy to purchase more product if need be.

What do people recommend (product and pad)? I have LC orange, white and grey pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash-Clay-a good polish PPP LC/orange @ 5 with nice pressure and overlapping strokes and insulator wax/grey pads x 2

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO + Collinite IW
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    What Poorboy`s products do you already have? You probably can get a nice combo with what you have on hand.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO/UPP or AIO/#16
    "Life is not measured by the breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathes away" :punk:

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a IP/FP/UPP on my white car, and it looks great. I regularly follow up the washes with ClearKote QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    What Poorboy`s products do you already have? You probably can get a nice combo with what you have on hand.

All the SSRs

PwC

PP

EXP

Nattys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik
    All the SSRs

PwC

PP

EXP

Nattys

Looks like the products that you have will do you very nicely. Honestly!! You can be like me and buy other things just to see. That is a lot of fun but the looks really are subjective.

Get some Poorboy`s S&W with S&G to compliment your other products that you are presently using.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik
    All the SSRs

PwC

PP

EXP

Nattys

Wash/Dry, and clay as needed, then... I`d use this:

The SSR line for defect removal / polishing. SSR2 or 2.5 is a good start, depending on your pad choices.

Once it`s polished to where you want it, it`s time to protect it. If you just want to do it all in one day, I`d probably give it a coat of EX-P topped with Natty`s.

If you don`t mind waiting for layers to cure, layering EX-P also works nicely.

Of course, if you`re simply wanting THE longest lasting combo, you can`t beat Klasse AIO, topped with several layers of Klasse SG. If you want to top that, Collinite 845 would work great.

That`s the combo I have on my Focus for the winter, minus the Collinite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, I would just go AIO followed by several layers of un-topped EX-P. That way later on you can always add more sealant if you feel that your combo is diminishing.
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Bearing in mind that I have UPP, KSG, and #16 on three of our vehicles, I`d prep it with the PB`s products you have and top with Collinite. Hands-down, I swear by Collinite for daily drivers, leaving the SG/UPP/etc. approach for vehicles I take better care of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Hands-down, I swear by Collinite for daily drivers, leaving the SG/UPP/etc. approach for vehicles I take better care of.

Dunno-I`ve had 845 on a Hummer H2 and Natty`s Blue on an Escalade (same owner for both) and NB seems to be holding up better and has been on the Escalade about 2-3 weeks longer. :nervous2 Now the Escalade is about a year newer so that might have something to do with it.

NB is also holding up very well on a Nissan Titan I clean every couple of weeks-and I applied it in late August.

I`m not stating as fact that NB is going to outlast 845, but so far, I`ve been pleasantly suprised by the durability. I certainly wasn`t expecting it.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    ScottWax- OK, sounds good. I`ve never tried the NB so I can`t say something`ll last longer than it will. I was really trying to say that I`d rather use Collinite for this one as opposed to any of the sealants I`ve tried. I`m thinking about hiding swirls, ease of use, etc. for somebody who`s not gonna kill themselves over this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    I was really trying to say that I`d rather use Collinite for this one as opposed to any of the sealants I`ve tried. I`m thinking about hiding swirls, ease of use, etc. for somebody who`s not gonna kill themselves over this stuff.

Can`t argue that point.

845 is definitely one of the easier products to use.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Used to use AIO/EX-P/ 845 on my white daily driver and was very pleased with the results.

Have since switched the EX-P with OCW for the extreme ease of use and , like the rest of the line-up, it won`t stain trim ; a problem I`ve had with PB`s products.

For a daily driver that`s going to be touched up/layered often , it`s just not worth the hassle to me to worry about taping off , pre-treating , etc... to avoid trim stains.(if using EX-P/ Natty`s).

And with white , the trim stands out so much and has to be of a bit more concern in the process , IMO.

This combo of AIO/OCW/845 , for me , produces the best results with the minimum of effort and is pretty darn durable....Looks good , too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information