Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    hello everyone. i am new here and just wanted to say hey and ask a few ?`s. i have a black grand prix gtp and have tried over and over again to get rid of these swirls. i have a variable speed buffer and stuff, and have tried to get them out. i ahve gotten them out but they just come right back. basicly i am asking how do i get rid of them for good? what products should i use? what pads ? what ever it is tell me please... thanks

bret

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice car always loved the 3.8 supercharged lot of potential in that engine.

I think a lot of us would be able to help you out however please explain your current process in detailing and removing the swirls.
    Life`s Too Short To Make Only 1 Car Look Perfect!

Do It Yourway Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    So far on Black I have had most succes at removing swirls by PC.

Poorboys SSR 2 and 2.5.

Deatilers Pride Super Swirl Elimainator.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the Optimum polishes. They have a long work time yes, but I see this as a way to go over the area a few extra times to make sure you fix everything the first time thru. Menzerna P085RD is highly spoken of by the black car owners here for the high gloss finish that it gives.
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome !! Please let us know what "variable speed buffer and stuff" is, and we`ll send you the correct direction.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    porter cable yellow pad finesse it II followed by 3m swirl remover follwed by meg crystal polish then sealed with Klasse AIO. This worked well on my Acura TL which was scratched to sh** by the dealer on delivery.

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name=`xtrm gtp`]hello everyone. i am new here and just wanted to say hey and ask a few ?`s. i have a black grand prix gtp and have tried over and over again to get rid of these swirls. i have a variable speed buffer and stuff, and have tried to get them out. i ahve gotten them out but they just come right back. basicly i am asking how do i get rid of them for good? what products should i use? what pads ? what ever it is tell me please... thanks

Not sure what your current products and methods are. are you using a pc? what types of pads ? being the owner of a black SUV I know that Menzerna P085RD or PO106FF is always a good choice for a finishing polish. if your swirls are really bad you may need to go to a more agressive polish/ pad first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Autopia :up

It would be very useful if you could describe what products (inc pads, polishes etc) you have tried.

Post Thanks / Like
    xtrm gtp- Welcome to Autopia!

Is it a matter of the original marring truly coming back or new marring? IMO most marring occurs during the wash. For starters, you might look at some of the threads about foamguns; I never wash without one.

Post Thanks / Like
    well i always use meguiers. i need to know whats better. as for the prosess i claybard the whole car and then buffed it with a fine swirl remover and then did the megs three step. it seems as thogh i just cant get rid of it for good. lmk what products to use and what steps to take and things i need to do, adn what pads to get for my buffer. remember it is a variable speed rotary buffer. thanks guys

bret

Post Thanks / Like
    My guess is that you`re using Meguiars #9 Swirl Remover, and then the Deep Crystal 3-step. None of those products are going to remove your swirls very well. #9 is the most aggressive of any of those products, and it sure isn`t very aggressive.

Most of those products have fillers, which makes you think that you`re removing those swirls, but in fact they are only hiding.

What kind of "variable-speed buffer" are you using?

And please state the products that you`ve been using. To say that you use Meguiars products is very vague.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    well i have used the following steps.

1- claybar- meg`s

2-meguiars mirror glaze #83 professional dual action cleaner/polish

3- deep crystal system

4-meguiars # 7 professional show car glaze.

and i couldnt even tell you the name of the buffer i know it goes up to about 7000 rpm`s i think my brother got it for me at the local autobody and deatiling shop. i guess it is what all the guys over at this shop use.

bret

Post Thanks / Like
    RED GTP HERE... I have used 3M SMR for Dark Colored Cars on my ride with success. I have the SFX system I plan to use to truly remove defects, but I do wax bi weekly. Check out clubgp.com for info if you have not been there.

Post Thanks / Like
    RPMs refers to a rotary polisher. If you`re using it at anywhere near 7000RPMs, you`re in trouble.

OPMs refers to orbits per minute or oscillations per minute. That would imply that you have an orbital polisher.

#83 when properly used will remove swirls. But as with any polish, if it`s not properly used, it can do more harm than good.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    xtrm gtp- Generally, #83 requires a follow-up with a milder abrasive polish (like #80 or at least #9) to remove the slight micromarring it usually leaves behind. Note that #7 and all three steps of the Deep Crystal system are nonabrasive and won`t work for this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information