Post Thanks / Like
    now with halloween coming.... does anyone worry/have any concern about leaving your car outside to find it littered on, leaned upon, or possibly scratched, etc... there are going to be 100`s of kids around the neighborhood, and i can`t put the ride in the garage. :furious:

Post Thanks / Like
    How about eggs? I have permanent damage to my paint not only from the shells, but from the gooey part (actually happened at work on Mischief Night). Sounds like you need a car cover--I think you have just enough time to get a custom-fit one before Halloween.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    How about eggs?

:nervous:

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the egg damage is my concern to, had one of my cars damaged this way a few years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    3 years ago I woke up the morning after halloween with all side windows and back window in my old accord smashed, and pumpkins sitting on each of the front and back seats.
    Have Fun!
    Docker

Post Thanks / Like
    I am keeping the garage closed and the alarm on. That being said, I don`t think there are really any kids in my new neighborhood so I don`t see there being any problems.

I would be wary of the car cover. If kids think you are trying to protect something, that might quickly become their target. Maybe you should just get a lawn chair and spend all night out by your car.

-GT

Post Thanks / Like
    I was born on Halloween and as such I take a special liking to it. I don’t really think there is more of a concern on this night than on any other night. Most of the time these days everything is so watered-down it’s pathetic, kids are forced to trick or treat at like 4:30 in the afternoon by the municipalities they live in. And why is it that the towns and parents force this on to the holiday? Because once one time someone had a window broken, or car/house egged or TP’ed. Now they “push the fear†and legislate a great holiday into boringness. I’d like to see empirical data that links vandalism to Halloween. I’ve never had any senseless acts happen on Halloween or near it, the date has always been as random as the act.

Now let it be known I’m not condoning these things or trying to make light of it. I’d had all of the above happen to me and I was PISSED. I’m just doing my part to stick up for what started as a religious holiday.
    ...BlackSheepSquad...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by violentveedub
    Most of the time these days everything is so watered-down it’s pathetic, kids are forced to trick or treat at like 4:30 in the afternoon by the municipalities they live in. And why is it that the towns and parents force this on to the holiday? Because once one time someone had a window broken, or car/house egged or TP’ed.

Well, the kids don`t trick-or-treat at 4:30 because of vandalism concerns from local gov`t, it`s due to the parents that think if their kids go out after dark they will wind up kidnapped and/or dismembered. I don`t think there are any more whackos out there than there were 40 years ago, we just hear about them more/faster due to cable news and the internet. Anyway, the kids that are going to vandalize a car are not the ones that are out trick-or-treating, but the older ones, who are out vandalizing.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah the concern will be the night before halloween. Me an my brother will do as we have done in the past and stay up with the paintball guns an nightvision and watch for the crackheads down the street to come by!!!

**not many lil kids in my area, mostly crackheads scare the kids away, not sure if thats a good or bad thing....lol**

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand your concerns... I`m not sure what I`d do if I lived in a dorm or in an apartment complex, but I`m going to pull my car around the back of my house on the grass and hopefully no one will see it. I`m in college and live on a college campus, and the idiots here have already busted my car twice on NORMAL party nights (both times the kid ran away by the time I got downstairs...).
    2008 Honda Civic SI FBP (stock, and staying that way... I hope)

Thread Information