Post Thanks / Like
    Friend of mine painted his wifes car. This wasn`t one of those things where he totally messed up and now it`s a mess and a big crisis. The car is in OK shape, and they don`t really care how it looks, but it would be nice to have it look a little more normal.

They did the whole thing with spray cans, and now there are some very obvious lines about 4 inches wide going up and down the pannels in the different directions that they sprayed in. Looking at the paint in the light, there are some parts where its dull, and then in the middle of the lines it`s rather shiny. He did a few layers, so my guess is it`s not a paint thickness thing, and more just how it stuck to the surface.

Is this something that some wetsanding might level out? It`d be kind of nice to get it all looking smooth (even if it wasn`t the shinyest). Has anyone tried this on a rattle can job before?

I remember a while ago comming across a really good article on wet sanding with meguiars products, it had product numbers and great directions and everything. Does here remember which one it was? I`ve since lost all my detailing bookmarks

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguair`s web site had a video that listed every product you`d need and showed you how to do everything step by step but their web site has changed. I found this though:

http://meguiars.com/video/

Select the sanding video and see if it`s what you remember.

If the defects are in the clear you can smooth everything out and shine it up pretty good. There was someone about 1 to 1.5 years back who purchased a car for his son (Prelude), spray painted the entire thing and the sanded the car. From the pictures it looked like factory paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rattle can paint is usually very soft. You may be able to do the whole job with compound and polish.

PC.

Thread Information