Thread: Too Late??

Post Thanks / Like
    For a while now I have noticed that the leather seats in my mothers Toyota 4Runner are gettin worn. I have used OTC leather conditioners and cleaners but it yields to make no improvement on the current condition. Is it too late to repair the damage in the below pictures...?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d say so. Years of friction, temperature changes, water, oils, etc. That doesn`t mean you can`t prevent it from getting much worse though.

Post Thanks / Like
    You COULD have it "repaired". What you`re looking at, mostly, is the color coming off the leather. Most of the Japanese leathers are a coated leather color with a dull matte coat on top of that. A good leather shop can respray the color and top coat and MIGHT be able to "remove" some of the wear wrinkles.

And like truzoom said, you can keep it from getting worse by using a good leather cleaner and conditioner. This is what happens to automotive leather, though. Unless you never use it

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Leatherique. It won`t replace the worn topcoat, but it will feed the bare creases, causing it to swell naturally and prevent it from getting worse.

www.leatherique.com.au

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone had an good bad experiences with leatherique? Almost looks to good to be true?...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used it, and it may look too good to be true...but its not. The results are simply amazing and nothing in the world of leather care approaches it.

Its primary benefit is for un-coated leather which can drink up the Rejuvinating Oil, but it works well in your situation - with bad creases - and even coated leather benefits from the feeding that comes from cleaning with Prestine Clean. (Coated leather is quite permeable to oils)

Thread Information