Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently took a trip to the Sunshine state to visit some family and my step father came into possession of a 92` (I think) Mustang. He is selling it as a quick turn around. I don`t know much about this car but he said he had it detailed for 100 bucks. I know for a fact he was not after perfection but when I saw it I just about fainted. I can`t believe the hackers out there, the entire car is like this:

I know without any full car shots someone will not be able recognize this car, but to the detailer who did this, You are an absolute joke.

Post Thanks / Like
    ouch.

would a rotary and Meg.#83 take care of that ? I wonder

Did you call them and give them !#$!@# I would.

quickly so that person never touches a rotary again
    Spitshined Detailing :ca

Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn`t even get the finish on my own car that bad the first time I ever used a rotary (and I jumped straight in with #83/W7006). How people can honestly call themselves detailers with results like that astounds me.

Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Wholly rotary batman!! Thats insane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody shouldn`t be allowed to play with power tools.

Post Thanks / Like
    is that what they term "burning the paint" with use of a rotary ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the costomer only wanted to spend 100 bucks and the detailer had a family to support? and you know how its like supporting a family, I have people like that all the time looking for nothing. $100 bucks that`s nothing to polish a car, $400 bucks is about right so... Myself I don`t do half done jobs ether I do it right or not at all.

No problem Rotary marks is real easy to fix with a PC, just tell the cheap @&# costomer to spend some more $ :furious:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Super
    Maybe the costomer only wanted to spend 100 bucks and the detailer had a family to support? and you know how its like supporting a family, I have people like that all the time looking for nothing. $100 bucks that`s nothing to polish a car, $400 bucks is about right so... Myself I don`t do half done jobs ether I do it right or not at all.

No problem Rotary marks is real easy to fix with a PC, just tell the cheap @&# costomer to spend some more $ :furious:

LOL!! the detailer could have used a cleaner wax and the PC and the results would have been much better.

That`s a great rationalization, "he only wants to spend $100 so I will hack up his paint and send him on his way." Nice. :nixweiss

I see this ALL the time in Memphis. Most of the cars that I see like that the detailer applied the wax by hand, allowed it to dry, then removed it with the rotary and a wool cutting pad @3000 RPM`s. Actually, that is THE way to detail at most of the lots around here.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem Rotary marks is real easy to fix with a PC, just tell the cheap @&# costomer to spend some more $

That cheap @55 customer is his step-dad. Nice one.

Also, maybe this "detailer" quoted him $100 to get the job done. Now, not everyone being up on every detailing price in the world may have just assumed this guy was offering to make it look nice for $100. I doubt his step-dad just went in there and said "Do what you can for $100". Right.

You have a pretty bad way of looking at things.

:think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SLOW50
    That cheap @55 customer is his step-dad. Nice one.:think:

Yep, The customer was my step father. I know he was not looking for perfection, he would have not spent alot of money on a detail just to sell it. He`s not like that. This car is all muscle with a ton of mods. He is just selling it as a quick turn around after doing some work to it. Believe me I did point out the awful job that detailer did and he would have been better off just doing a simple polish and wax by hand.

I seriously doubt the detailer had the attitude of " since he is a cheapo I`ll burn the hell out of his paint". I just wanted to show you all some bad buffer trails/burns, I think they are the worst I have ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ebpcivicsi
    LOL!! the detailer could have used a cleaner wax and the PC and the results would have been much better.

That`s a great rationalization, "he only wants to spend $100 so I will hack up his paint and send him on his way." Nice. :nixweiss

I see this ALL the time in Memphis. Most of the cars that I see like that the detailer applied the wax by hand, allowed it to dry, then removed it with the rotary and a wool cutting pad @3000 RPM`s. Actually, that is THE way to detail at most of the lots around here.

Really it`s all speculation, the detailer what used the rotery knew what he was doing I can tell by looking at the skill level that he has used the rotery meany of times, it was not a hack up job it was a "unfinish job" in my own detailing ways of doing things.

If it was done at dealership, car wash then its not the detailer fault, the detailer just works there and takes orders from the owner, the detailer is just making a living that`s all. If it was done by a self empl detailer then my qauess is like I said supporting his family and the costomer is a cheap%$#, I know people how cheap they are and some are as cheap as they come!.

In my own personal option the above job is worth $100 bucks and the costomer got what he paid for also for the record I would never finish a job like that I don`t care if I was starving to death for $$$. ops got to go running out of time got to go to work detailing a 03 black z7 corvette. take care and don`t forget who loves you! Super

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Super
    Really it`s all speculation, the detailer what used the rotery knew what he was doing I can tell by looking at the skill level that he has used the rotery meany of times, it was not a hack up job it was a "unfinish job" in my own detailing ways of doing things.

If it was done at dealership, car wash then its not the detailer fault, the detailer just works there and takes orders from the owner, the detailer is just making a living that`s all. If it was done by a self empl detailer then my qauess is like I said supporting his family and the costomer is a cheap%$#, I know people how cheap they are and some are as cheap as they come!.

In my own personal option the above job is worth $100 bucks and the costomer got what he paid for also for the record I would never finish a job like that I don`t care if I was starving to death for $$$. ops got to go running out of time got to go to work detailing a 03 black z7 corvette. take care and don`t forget who loves you! Super

From what little I can understand of you incoherent rebuttle, you are saying that the detailer usually does several steps that would cost around $400 (for example). Because the customer was too "cheap" (as you say) to pay full price, he only got one step. That step being the "compound the car with a wool cutting pad using poor technique," is that correct? So instead of just saying that he could use a cleaner wax for that price, he decided that for $100 he would just do the compounding step, that makes sense. He is feeding and all....

If that is what you call "good" skill level/technique, please remind to stay far far away when you are handling a rotary.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    WHY did it have to be on a 5.0?!?!?

Post Thanks / Like
    I may have missed it - but are you on the way to getting the paint fixed up? Heck, if I was in Maryland I`d do it free just because it`s such a nice car, and because it pains me to see it looking like that. Hopefully you, or someone you know, can take care of it. Shouldn`t be too difficult to get those holograms out with a PC. Those are some nasty holorgrams, mostly because they`re so obvious - I just did a car with similar issues, they came out really nice with a cutting pad and optimum compound.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love you too ^

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information