Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    First post on this site. Reading some of the threads I can tell there is a lot of knowledge here.

I`m going to be switching my car over to the Zaino line, and have a few questions.

First,

A) Would you recommend starting with Menz FPII, skipping Z5, and going straight to multiple layers of Z2.

Going with Menz FPII AND Z5 followed by Z2 or

C) Ditching the menz and just going straight to Z5 / Z2?

Last,

Will a high quality Carnauba (Souveran or p21s) adhere to the top of Z2? Would it actually add depth to Z2? Just curious as I have read others doing this and thought it sounded great, but wasn`t sure if it would actually bond.

FWIW, it will be going on a Grey Audi S4 which has never seen a car wash, dealer wash, and has been detailed by me since day 1. The paint is in great shape, and so far there are zero scratches, or swirls. Its currently sitting under 4 coats of 4star UPP.

TIA for all your help, I`m a Zaino n00b.

steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless you have major, major swirling, why not Z-PC then straight to Z2 Pro?

Far as the carnauba, I`d pass and just use Z8 instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well since your car is in very good condition it is unlikely you need to bother with Z5. Whether you do FPII before the Z2 is up to you. If you think it will add to the finish, go for it. Zainos aren`t polishes, but you know that - whether or not your paint needs to be polished is you call. You will need to remove the current LSP, so a pass with some FPII isn`t a bad idea, since it should strip the car of the current sealant/wax. A dawn wash/clay will do the same thing though, so the polish decision is really a judgement call.

Carnaubas will go over Zaino, and frankly, I think it`s a great idea. I think they add to the Zaino look considerably. I`d let the Zaino sit overnight, but that`s just me - if you use ZFX you probably won`t need to be better safe than sorry.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, after reading your post again, I`d clay and then go straight to Z2 Pro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JayC
    Unless you have major, major swirling, why not Z-PC then straight to Z2 Pro?

Far as the carnauba, I`d pass and just use Z8 instead.

Ditto. After 3 layers of Z2Pro and topped with Z8, you won`t WANT to top it with anything!!

:xyxthumbs
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    There is nothing wrong with topping the Z2 with a quality carnauba. Wax can add both depth and wetness. The only drawback is not being able to add more Z2 layers without stripping essentially everything off and then starting over. Or, just build up several Z layers and then top it.

The carnauba doesn`t "adhere" to the Z2 as you put it because there is no chemical/mechanical bonding between the two dissimilar surfaces. A pure wax could be more accurately described as sitting on top of or covering the Z2 layer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I liked to top the old Z2, but if you have Pro I would pass on the topper because I think it is as wet and deep as anything. It doesn`t have the distortion of some waxes so it isn`t the warmest look, but I have went from Wolfgang to Z2Pro on the same car and Z2Pro blew it away IMO as far as wet and deep goes. A good thing about Zaino is that it`s layerable and you don`t have to strip no matter when you want to put on the next layer (one hour, two days, three weeks, 4 months). If you put a wax on it it might mess with the next coat of Zaino you want to use. I`m with JayC, I really like Z8 as a topper. BTW, Menzerna is the perfect compliment to Zaino, but only use them if you have swirls. Leave the Z5 on the shelf unless you have a dark car and you need extra sun protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Burlyq
    Personally I liked to top the old Z2, but if you have Pro I would pass on the topper because I think it is as wet and deep as anything. It doesn`t have the distortion of some waxes so it isn`t the warmest look, but I have went from Wolfgang to Z2Pro on the same car and Z2Pro blew it away IMO as far as wet and deep goes. A good thing about Zaino is that it`s layerable and you don`t have to strip no matter when you want to put on the next layer (one hour, two days, three weeks, 4 months). If you put a wax on it it might mess with the next coat of Zaino you want to use. I`m with JayC, I really like Z8 as a topper. BTW, Menzerna is the perfect compliment to Zaino, but only use them if you have swirls. Leave the Z5 on the shelf unless you have a dark car and you need extra sun protection.

Could not have stated it better than you and JayC.

SteveAZ, you can always test a panel on your car to convince yourself that carnuaba topper does or does not add anything to your appearance desires. In either case a Z7 wash will remove any residual carnuaba that is present after a few weeks and you can just add some more Z2-PRO/ZFX.

Remember, polishing not only removes surfaces blemishes but also adds to (enhances) the finish`s appearance. At some point once a year a vehicle needs this step and claying to reach its true pinnacle of gloss, shine, depth and reflectivity.

Post Thanks / Like
    As everyone said if no defects , Z5 is not necessary but you can use it if you like before Z2 .

I would just clay , polish out with FPII and a blue pad , then wash car to remove oils from FPII and go for the Z2pro . 2-3 coats same day if ZFX enabled or each coat 24 hours apart with Z6 and.or Z8 in between .

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the help. Looks like I`ll be visiting this forum more often.

You guys got me excited to make the swtich. I have both the Z6 and the Z8, is there a noticable difference between the 2? From the zaino page and other forums, it seems that the Z8 is the best thing zaino ever made! What did you all use between layers Z6 or Z8?

The car did have a clay & FPII about 4 months ago, then straight to the 4star UPP. I guess I`m gonna leave the Z5 on the shelf, build up some layers of Z2, and then decide about the carnuaba.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a big difference between Z6 and Z8. I still like Z6, but Z8 is one of the best QD`s out there. Although I still contend that a layer of wax looks good over Z2. Maybe I like the warm look.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    since Z8 costs so much , and I havent applied my Zaino yet but am anxious to - I would say do the 1st few layers with Z6 . Z8 being more slippery wait until the Zaino is bonded to the paint , then use Z8 between the 2nd and 3rd layering and over top the final layer .

That`s my plan anyways

Post Thanks / Like
    Z8 is more like a booster.. Id use it after the Z2 Pro. Z6 is a QD basically.. as I understand it Z8 is more of a liquid Z2, for lack of a better way to explain it.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, alright.... I`m thinking too much now...

If I end up puttiung the Souverän on, should I QD with the Pinnacle CM or stick with the Z6/8?

Post Thanks / Like
    Z6 between layers, especially as papi stated initially. You do not want to overwhelm the curing process by having Z8 between too many initial layers. Z8 is not only a QD but also a spray sealant. Like all sealants, Z8 must cure to some extent.

Z6 - Z5 (optional)- Z2-PRO x2 or 3 with Z6 between layers. Top with Z8.

Enjoy. You will love the look. Week after week after.....:woot:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information