Thread: Wiper arms

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you restore the nice clean satin finish to wiper arms........I have some white hazing that I assume is from wax or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Autoglym Bumper Shine. Whatever products you use, get the arms clean and allow for sufficient cure times.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it is oxidation on painted wiper arms, you should be able to restore them with Klasse AIO.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use the above methods with excellent results, but if they are just too far gone for any kind of restoring efforts, you can also just respray them with some black paint. I usually use a ScotchBrite pad with laqcuer thinner on it to prep, and then spray them like you would anything else. Obviously, remove the wiper blade itself off of the arm before doing this, and they will look like brand new. To make it even easier to deal with, you can use a metal wire coat hanger to hang them somewhere so you don`t have to handle them. If you want a flat black look, use flat paint, if you want a gloss finish, use gloss paint, it`s as easy as that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys.......there not that far gone and its only in a spot or 2. When applying a product like AIO what kind of applictor and just a mf for removal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh shucks, if it`s not that bad, then something like AIO or VM would work just fine. Use any kind of towel to apply and remove it, nothing crazy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool deal..........work on that tonite....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JDookie
    You can use the above methods with excellent results, but if they are just too far gone for any kind of restoring efforts, you can also just respray them with some black paint. I usually use a ScotchBrite pad with laqcuer thinner on it to prep, and then spray them like you would anything else. Obviously, remove the wiper blade itself off of the arm before doing this, and they will look like brand new. To make it even easier to deal with, you can use a metal wire coat hanger to hang them somewhere so you don`t have to handle them. If you want a flat black look, use flat paint, if you want a gloss finish, use gloss paint, it`s as easy as that.

yep....I like semi gloss myself

Post Thanks / Like
    Used pb polish with carnuba and a cheap mf and all is well..........thanx guys

Post Thanks / Like
    That was like, none of the suggestions !!!

Just messing with you. Glad it worked out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried Vanilla moose hand glaze wax on the rear wiper with similar results as the pb polish with carnuba. Any one tried both and found one to last longer than the other?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have compared VM to Autoglym. AG had a higher gloss whereas VM was more satin, the AG lasted a lot longer

Thread Information