Thread: Water Spotting

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got back from a business trip to find my dark red truck with severe water spots all over the hood.

It looks as if they were power washing the sidewalk near it or it was hit while the sprinklers were running.

Bad to worse is truck sat in lot for 3 days in hot AZ sun (112 degrees plus)

I washed it and tried everything from AIO to Scrath X on it and it took them down some but they are still there.

Time to hit with PC or is there another way?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kevmo327
    I just got back from a business trip to find my dark red truck with severe water spots all over the hood.

It looks as if they were power washing the sidewalk near it or it was hit while the sprinklers were running.

Bad to worse is truck sat in lot for 3 days in hot AZ sun (112 degrees plus)

I washed it and tried everything from AIO to Scrath X on it and it took them down some but they are still there.

Time to hit with PC or is there another way?

Sounds like it`s time to polish. Have you tried AIO with the PC, maybe going up a pad? This usually saves my behind. If it`s been a while since polished, what the hey, anyhow? Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone told me to try and make a baking soda / distilled water solution , spray all over the car where water spotting is in the shade , and let sit 1/2 hour .

Wash , rinse and come back with a 1/2 gallon of distilled water : distilled vinegar mix 75% water , 25% vinegar and give car a wipe down with it and an MF towel .

Then proceed to wash car with something a little stronger than normal or a higher concentration of car wash to water than normal .

What it does or if it works I have no idea . He said something about acids or minerals in the water that cause the spotting are broken down pretty far by the soda neutralizing it and the vinegar breaking it up if it`s the opposite .

Once again - I dunno why but he says it works pretty nicely .

I pictured going over with compound and machine glaze after he got done saying it all though myself

Post Thanks / Like
    I had heard about vinegar but did not hear the baking soda aspect?

anyone else know anyhting of this approach?

Post Thanks / Like
    My black Grand Prix was once attacked by a runaway sprinkler on a 105-degee sunny day.

Needless to say..... those spots were FRIED-ON and ETCHED-IN.

I was furious!

The best product I ever used on this problem was One Grand Special Touch.

Easy to apply and remove. No buffer necessary. Litterally disolved hard, crusty water spots.

Here`s where I bought mine: Garage Toys..... click here...
    Bill Luster

`00 Trans Am / `82 Vette

Click here for:Bill`s Pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    From reading their webite link you provided... Special Touch removes scratches , yet is not abrasive? In your experience, does it, and howso?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Laughhunn
    From reading their webite link you provided... Special Touch removes scratches , yet is not abrasive? In your experience, does it, and howso?

Thanks

Special Touch leaves the surface very clean and smooth. Almost like claybar.

I don`t know the chemistry of how it works. I really didn`t have any scratches, so I can`t answer that question.

Great for water spots. I`ve also used it for overspray, tar, bugs, paint scrapes.

For 11 bucks, it`s worth a try.
    Bill Luster

`00 Trans Am / `82 Vette

Click here for:Bill`s Pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Laughhunn

Thanks

How is it possible to remove scratches without the use of abrasives? Is it possible that this product contains fillers that "hides" the scratches rather than removes them completely?

Matt

Thread Information