Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a can of Turtle Wax foam interior cleaner that is probably 15 years old that I use on interior plastic trim. Anyone else?

Post Thanks / Like
    I still have a can of " Classic Car Wax" that I bought around 1976. Its a nuba with very little cleaning ability. Its the wax I use on my motorcycle helmet

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gears
    I still have a can of " Classic Car Wax" that I bought around 1976...

Heh heh, I remember that stuff It was one of the first decent "consumer cleaner waxes". Sorta taupe colored, right?

Oldest thing I still use regularly is some "Automotive Wood Polish" from Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories. It appears to be a relabeled Zymol cleaner wax. Bought it in `85 when I got the XJS.

When it comes to non-automotive stuff, I`m still using products that my dad bought as WWII surplus back in the `40s and I suspect that some of `em are even older than that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gears
    I still have a can of " Classic Car Wax" that I bought around 1976...
    Man, I`d love to get my hands on some Classic, for "old times sake".

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found a bottle of armorall in my garage and it smells like body odor when I use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    What about Meguiar`s No. 16. Hasn`t that stuff been around for like 50 years?

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably the Zymol Titanium, which I bought 4 years ago. Good for interior aluminum finishes, thats about it. Even there the durability is very bad. Nice shine thoug, but wasted money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    What about Meguiar`s No. 16. Hasn`t that stuff been around for like 50 years?

Yeah, and my family started using it back then (easier than Simonize). But I think we`re talking about what "old can of stuff we`re still using". My oldest can of #16 is only ten years old.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    I have a can of Turtle Wax foam interior cleaner that is probably 15 years old that I use on interior plastic trim. Anyone else?
    I found this 20+ year old Turttle Wax interior dressing in my garage. It looked and smell OK so I decided to use it up as tire dressing. I did not want this old stuff on the interior. I have a 12 y.o. can of Simonize that I use on the Jetski.
    Eddie

Not a fanatic, but a racer who like his rides clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an old bottle of astroshield i must of got 10 yrs ago at a car show....still use it on wheels every now and then.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an old bottle of Eagle 1 Prewax Cleaner and Conditioner. Its labelled as 1984. It still works too! It contains silicones (the conditioner) and leaves an ultra slick finish.

Actually, I just remembered I also have a bottle of Eagle 1 Etching Wheel Cleaner for mag wheels. I think I bought it around the mid-eighties.

Back then Eagle 1 were the only decent car care products imported from the US. The local stuff was rubbish and so was TW. Eagle 1 did, and still do, decent car care products. :up TW have also lifted their game considerably...particularly the new Platinum range. :clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    I still use Classic Car Wax. That is how I happened to find this site. I was looking for a link for the company. I picked up a new can withing the last 5 years, but there is nothing on the can about who manufactures it or any other useful info. It still comes in the same black can and looks and works just the same. It was the first premium wax I started using back in the late 60`s. I would love to find out where to find it again.

As a side note, I started using Armoral on the top of my 1968 GTO convertible, which I`ve owned since new, when it first came out. The car still has the original paint, interior and original top. If not for Armoral, I can tell you it would not have the original top.

Thanks.

Frank Hamilton

Post Thanks / Like
    FrankHamil- Welcome to Autopia! You have my sincere admiration for keeping the `68 all original for so long

I`m not a fan of Classic (tried it in the mid-`70s, went back to Meg`s #7 + #16) but your experiences show that it`s the proper, regular use of something that matters the most. A relative of mine kept her Chrysler immaculate with Rain Dance and Armor All. Sometimes I can`t help but at all our nit-picking about products

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep detailing products for about 3-4 years before I replace them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Water :getdown

Sorry! Couldn`t resist........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information