Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got some leftover turlewax platinum series detailer left.... do you think I could use that as a lube for claying or will it scratch the paint? I see allot of people using MGs QD didn`t know it this could substitute.

Post Thanks / Like
    It shoudl work fine. I just clay when I wash. I use hi temp wash bubbling suds wash. It is by far one of the slickest washes I have ever used. ITs great for claying.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Greg,

The problem with using car shampoos for clay lube is that some of them react with the clay thus causing the clay to literally fall apart. If you aren`t having any issues with your car shampoo/clay combo then you should be fine, but if you do find the clay breaking apart, stop before you ruin your clay or worse, mess up your finish.

krep28,

You *should* be okay with pretty much any qd, but the same rule of thumb applies that I just gave Greg.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by krep28
    I`ve got some leftover turlewax platinum series detailer left.... do you think I could use that as a lube for claying or will it scratch the paint? I see allot of people using MGs QD didn`t know it this could substitute.
    I`d get some Megs QD for the clay and keep the TW Platinum to QD the car after washing.

I had a bad experience with TW detailer when I first tried it and didn`t like it - must`ve been a bad bottle. I`ve since tried another bottle and my experience matches what many others have said about it; its probably the best OTC QD around. Increases slickness, adds depth and gloss without changing the look of your LSP too much. You can even layer it with several applications which diminish minor swirls!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    I`d get some Megs QD for the clay and keep the TW Platinum to QD the car after washing.

I had a bad experience with TW detailer when I first tried it and didn`t like it - must`ve been a bad bottle. I`ve since tried another bottle and my experience matches what many others have said about it; its probably the best OTC QD around. Increases slickness, adds depth and gloss without changing the look of your LSP too much. You can even layer it with several applications which diminish minor swirls!
    Really? Turtle Wax Platinum QD huh? I`m gonna have to give it a shot.
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Post Thanks / Like

Thread Information