Post Thanks / Like
    I recently bought a 1999 Lexus GS 400 that was Artic Silver. I had it repainted by a guy that has done several paint jobs for some of the country music stars (several for Alan Jackson) here in Nashville and it should be ready on Tuesday. It will be the same color but with just a little bit more of a metallic look than the original paint with three layers of clearcoat. He suggested that I wait 30 days before waxing or sealing.

I plan to eventually put the Klasse twins on for the winter but was wondering if using Menzerna Final Polish (I have about 4 oz from the sample exchange thread that I have never tried) and then some LSP would be ok. The Menzerna says it is safe for fresh paint but is there any point in using it if I can`t apply a LSP for 30 days? Or can I?

Should I just relax and do nothing but wash it for 30 days? That will be difficult!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the suggestion is AT LEAST 30 days. I`m working on 80 days on mine and she should be ready for LSP SOON. After 60 days, while parking her in the sun once in awhile to bake, I could still smell paint fumes.

I just did a light polish with Megs #80 Speed Glaze and a green pad a few weeks ago and it glossed her right up. #80 also has some polymer protection in it. I learned this from the Megs video.
    The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions.

-Alfred Lord Tennyson (1809 - 1892)

Post Thanks / Like
    New car Glaze 1st 30 days applied by hand every week or so after your wash ..

Next 30 days you can polish it out with#80 Speed Glaze as dPeezy suggested and the #5 or #7 by hand or finishing pad - removed with MF of course

Then after another week or two ( but never is exact like Dan Peezy said ) use your Menzerna with a green pad to polish out then clay to clean up and then AIO and SG with blue and finishing pads ( after you are sure paint is cured completely ) after a wash to remove QD and clay leftovers ..

Ask your painter how the paint is cured .

If UV cured , then after it leaves it is cured so to speak , but will still continue gassing out and the Meguiar`s #5 glaze will ensure it is somewhat protected and can still breathe and finish curing .

Since he is supposedly a high end painter , he SHOULD do UV curing , but who knows ..

Don`t mention it , just ask " how do you cure the paint "

If he says by air - more like 90 days , by heat about 60 and UV 30 or less it will be done .

Just make sure you follow proper wash method and use proper accessories in the mean time to avoid adding swirls .

Thread Information