Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Lately I have been using a pressure washer to clean carpeted floor mats. I grab the mats first thing (so they can start to dry early) and vacuum then apply my cleaner and scrub as normal. Instead of extracting after scrubbing I rinse with the pressure washer. I always find myself extracting forever. This method is alot faster. I have never got mats so clean before this method. At least with trashed and extremely dirty mats. I then extract with my carpet extractor to rid the excess water. A shop vac or the LGM will work just fine too. Set them in the sun to dry, and by the time your done with the vehicle they should be dry. I know some members do this already, but for the ones that don`t and have access to a pressure washer I highly recommend trying it. If you don`t want to use a gas one I`m sure those electric ones would do a great as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lately I have been using a pressure washer to clean carpeted floor mats. I grab the mats first thing (so they can start to dry early) and vacuum then apply my cleaner and scrub as normal. Instead of extracting after scrubbing I rinse with the pressure washer. I always find myself extracting forever. This method is alot faster. I have never got mats so clean before this method. At least with trashed and extremely dirty mats. I then extract with my carpet extractor to rid the excess water. A shop vac or the LGM will work just fine too. Set them in the sun to dry, and by the time your done with the vehicle they should be dry. I know some members do this already, but for the ones that don`t and have access to a pressure washer I highly recommend trying it. If you don`t want to use a gas one I`m sure those electric ones would do a great as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the same method at work but i spray with degreaser and use a brush to agitate it all, then spray until degreaser is gone, and then extract and let air dry.

Works wonders, i agree!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the same method at work but i spray with degreaser and use a brush to agitate it all, then spray until degreaser is gone, and then extract and let air dry.

Works wonders, i agree!

Post Thanks / Like
    I took mine down to the local coin-op and did the same. Squeeged out the excess water, used their wet vac, then took `em home and tossed them in the dryer for about 20 minutes. Came out clean and new looking.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I took mine down to the local coin-op and did the same. Squeeged out the excess water, used their wet vac, then took `em home and tossed them in the dryer for about 20 minutes. Came out clean and new looking.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

I know alot of car wahes around my area has signs saying cant wash your floor mats. I guess they think it takes up too much time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

I know alot of car wahes around my area has signs saying cant wash your floor mats. I guess they think it takes up too much time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Time is money for them so I don`t know why they would care...that`s stupid..

Post Thanks / Like
    Time is money for them so I don`t know why they would care...that`s stupid..

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you only do this for rubber backed mats. You may ruin foam backed....
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick

Excellent point. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick

Excellent point. :up

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 03SilverDak

Meh... most coin-op washes aren`t under 24-hour surveillance. I`m sure they would never know the difference. :woot2:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information