Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    i know this is a funny question but i gotta ask....how do u remove say like kids red juices/?? ive been cleanin cars for a long time and like i tell my customers juice has a "dye" in it so tis why it doesnt come out.......anyone?....i have no other problems with stains

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out TOL`s website, they have a product specifically for this task.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    tol? link please im not familiar with that

Post Thanks / Like
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    This might help. About 1 week ago i squeezed a bottle of red/berry gatorade too hard and the crap squirted all over my work shirt (it was a light blue 100% cotton shirt). The shirt was really stained red and I think because the drink was partially frozen the food coloring in the gatorade was very concentrated. Anywho, took the shirt to 3 dry cleaners and they all said red food dye is almost impossible to remove....they wouldn`t even try to get it out.

Well I proved them wrong and this is what i did and it may work in your case. I soaked the stained area in cold water and padded dry with a terry towel. Then I blasted the stains with some meguiar`s all purpose cleaner mixed at a 1:5 ratio (1 part APC 5 parts water) and let it soak for 24 hrs. I figure if the shirt was a total loss then what the hell I`ll see if Megs will work. I had also read on the Meg`s online web page that many use the Meg`s APC as a general cleaner all around the home (i had coincidently picked upa gallon of the stuff the day before). Day 2 one more blast of Meg`s APC a few hours later a blast of your regular commercial laundry stain remover (wisk, oxy clean etc) then into the wash. WALLA - stain all gone not one trace of red on the light blue shirt.

I realize this is a shirt and I can chuck it in the washer for the aggitation with a car you may have to use a little elbow grease and a brush or rolled up terry towel and do a little scrubbing.

Well hope my experience helps a bit. You may have better luck since auto upholstery is rarely 100% cotton and I dont think poly or those other synthetic materials hold stains the way cotton does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    OMG!!! wow now thats what im looking for!!! SOLD! lol.....im talking about old stains and i dont have 24/ or more hours to "play" with the stain as it will be customers cars that im lookin for this product for.......and as far as a new red stain if its still wet it normally will come out with ease but not old ones so this is it. thanx a million!!!!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Something that works for me is Folex. I have used it before, and it works great. They sell it on Target for around $5.00 the 32oz spray bottle, and the gallon you can find it on Lowe`s for around $16.00. Give it a shot.
    Owner of Major Auto Works. Serving the eastern half of Puerto Rico :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by psl car wash
    OMG!!! wow now thats what im looking for!!! SOLD! lol.....im talking about old stains and i dont have 24/ or more hours to "play" with the stain as it will be customers cars that im lookin for this product for.......and as far as a new red stain if its still wet it normally will come out with ease but not old ones so this is it. thanx a million!!!!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Very welcome and glad to be of help

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    Very welcome and glad to be of help

Anthony
    hey clear some messages......cant send u a pm........if u use aim please im me @ tennesseecarwash id like to chat wid u. thx

Post Thanks / Like
    i know this is a funny question but i gotta ask....how do u remove say like kids red juices/?? ive been cleanin cars for a long time and like i tell my customers juice has a "dye" in it so tis why it doesnt come out.......anyone?....i have no other problems with stains

Most detail supply companies offer a red stain remover. Equipment you will need is an inexpensive steam iron, an extension cord fairly damp white terry cloth towel , and order the chemicals from www.topoftheline,.com.

Put the chemical on first with a tooth brush so you can brush down into the fibers of the carpet and wait about two minutes so the chemical can do its thing all while the steam iron is plugged in and heating up. Lay the wet towel over the red stain area and put the iron on that exact spot for about 30 seconds. The steam heat should draw the red into the towel and convert it to a brownish yellow stain on the towel. Repeat if necessary.

Sometimes it tougher if the customer used chemicals on the red stain and they do not fess up about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Under `Specialty Products` these guys have a pretty thorough looking stain removal array. Has anyone tried any of these?

http://detailplus.com/detail_supplies.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    In about half the cases, only scissors will remove the red stains.

A lot depends on how long the stain has been there and if previous cleaning attempts have been tried.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

A lot depends on how long the stain has been there and if previous cleaning attempts have been tried.
    and why is this matter if someones tried to clean it before? ive also heard this before. what does it matter? does it set the stain in?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

and why is this matter if someones tried to clean it before? ive also heard this before. what does it matter? does it set the stain in?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, certain chemical cleaners that may be attempted by the owner can actually cause the stain to "set". In essence, the stain becomes bonded into the fabric fibers and no amount of cleaner short of scissors (as Scottwax said) will help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information