Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys

I have been in the wings about which product to use and finally stepped up and bought a zaino premium kit to see how it works out.

My question is what is the best route to get the best look out of these products? I obviously know what to do with the leather and tire car products

I have a 04 Mystic Cobra and want it to look good.

ZFXâ„¢ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive

Z-2 PROâ„¢ Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes

Z-5â„¢ Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches

Z-6â„¢ Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray

Z-7â„¢ Show Car Wash

Z-9â„¢ Leather Soft Spray Cleaner

Z-10â„¢ Leather in a Bottle

Z-16â„¢ Perfect Tire Gloss

Z-18â„¢ ClayBar

And THREE Zaino Canada Custom Polish Applicators for FREE

Thanks for any replies

(EDIT) By the way I`m an idiot- You can move this to the University forum if you would like :rules:

Post Thanks / Like
    Does your car have any swirls in it ? if not have you washed it thoroughly with Dawn once to remove any fillers and such ?

Do you have a quality chennille or microfiber wash mitt or chennille/ mf sponge ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d add the Z-PC & some Z8 to that for the total Zaino experience! As a matter of fact, the Z-12 is a sweet glass polish as well. Remember......Zaino is a complete system, so take your time to do it right. You won`t be sorry!!

Post Thanks / Like
    To take advantage of Zaino`s wonderful protection and outstanding appearance, you must prep the surface first and foremost.

What condition is your paint? Minor blemishes? Oxidation?

With what and how long ago did you last protect (wax) your vehicle?

What types and brands of polishes do you have on hand?

How do you polish? PC, hand, circular or combination of all 3?

Prep is everything with "ALL" LSP`s but especially for a non-abrasive protectant like Z2-PRO and Z5 to achieve all the features of a well detailed vehicle (gloss, wetness, depth and reflective).

Steps:

Wash vehicle with Z7 (Dawn wash is optional at this point since you will be polishing and claying)

Clay vehicle along with wash using a clay lube prepared by mixing 1 cap of Z7 in 16 oz of water. The claying can be done concurrently with washing (wash a panel - clay a panel). DO NOT LET Z18 become too saturated with lube. In other words do not leave submerged in wash bucket)

Polish - to make finish as flawless as possible.

At this point, depending on polishes used (water or oil-based), you should either wipe down finish with Z6 (water based polishes used) or Dawn wash or isopropyl alcohol wipe (oil-based polish used)

If you Dawn wash: Z6 QD finish after drying.

If vehicle is covered with polishing dust, this is a good time to wash, no matter what type of polish used. You do not want any of these dust abrasives on the finish or leeching out of crevices when you apply the LSP.

Water-based polishes - Z7 wash

Oil-based polishes - Dawn wash.

Now you are ready to add the protectants.

APPLY Zaino polishes THINLY. Z polishes should barely be visible on the surface. If the application is easy to see, you are applying waaaaaay too much.

Z5 mixed with ZFX x 2-3 coats. 1 oz of Z5 and 4-5 drops of ZFX should be plenty for a Mustang. Z5 has very minor surface marring hiding effect (presently). If 3 coats does not do the trick - surface repair is the only step available (further polishing)

Many QD with Z6 or Z8 between layers. This is optional)

Day 1 is now completed

Day2:

Make sure surface is clean, completely clean. You do not want to negate all the previous day`s prep by marring the surface.

Z6 QD finish after verifying that finish is clean.

Z2-PRO mixed with ZFX x 2 or 3 coats. Again 1 oz of Z2-PRO plus 4-5 drops of ZFX will be suffice.

That`s it!!!! :woot:

If only one day is available apply 2 coats of Z5 with ZFX and top with Z2-PRO x 1 (no need to mix Z2-PRO with ZFX unless one desires so for this final layer.)

Maintain with proper washing (Z7) and Z6 QD`ing when clean and this appearance will last for months.

Sounds like quite a bit of work but remember that the prep stage is the same (minus Dawn usage) for all LSP`s for maximal appearance. So if you segregate the prep from the LSP application (Zaino), this product is quite easy to use and not very time consuming. Especially when you are just applying a single refreshing coat down the road. :spot

There is still room to grow. Z8 (added visual clues and longevity of that "just waxed" appearance) . Z-PC Fusion ( the no doubt cleanser / polish prep product for Zaino bonding and minor surface imperfection repair) :woot2:

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all your info.

It is fairly new but i can see swirl marks from the dealership im guessing. Car is only a year old so the paint is good. Been in the garage for most of its days.

I only zapped it once with NXT (no flames needed) It lasted for about two washes. I keep my car washed as i dont want the bugs to eat the paint as often as possible.

All zaino products.(Z-2 PROâ„¢ Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes

Z-5â„¢ Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches)

Im just starting into this battle of detailing. I will be doing it all by hand as zaino says my simoniz would just eat up most of the product. Good thing i dont have to do the roof!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    To take advantage of Zaino`s wonderful protection and outstanding appearance, you must prep the surface first and foremost.

What condition is your paint? Minor blemishes? Oxidation?

With what and how long ago did you last protect (wax) your vehicle?

What types and brands of polishes do you have on hand?

How do you polish? PC, hand, circular or combination of all 3?

Prep is everything with "ALL" LSP`s but especially for a non-abrasive protectant like Z2-PRO and Z5 to achieve all the features of a well detailed vehicle (gloss, wetness, depth and reflective).

Steps:

Wash vehicle with Z7 (Dawn wash is optional at this point since you will be polishing and claying)

Clay vehicle along with wash using a clay lube prepared by mixing 1 cap of Z7 in 16 oz of water. The claying can be done concurrently with washing (wash a panel - clay a panel). DO NOT LET Z18 become too saturated with lube. In other words do not leave submerged in wash bucket)

Polish - to make finish as flawless as possible.

At this point, depending on polishes used (water or oil-based), you should either wipe down finish with Z6 (water based polishes used) or Dawn wash or isopropyl alcohol wipe (oil-based polish used)

If you Dawn wash: Z6 QD finish after drying.

If vehicle is covered with polishing dust, this is a good time to wash, no matter what type of polish used. You do not want any of these dust abrasives on the finish or leeching out of crevices when you apply the LSP.

Water-based polishes - Z7 wash

Oil-based polishes - Dawn wash.

Now you are ready to add the protectants.

APPLY Zaino polishes THINLY. Z polishes should barely be visible on the surface. If the application is easy to see, you are applying waaaaaay too much.

Z5 mixed with ZFX x 2-3 coats. 1 oz of Z5 and 4-5 drops of ZFX should be plenty for a Mustang. Z5 has very minor surface marring hiding effect (presently). If 3 coats does not do the trick - surface repair is the only step available (further polishing)

Many QD with Z6 or Z8 between layers. This is optional)

Day 1 is now completed

Day2:

Make sure surface is clean, completely clean. You do not want to negate all the previous day`s prep by marring the surface.

Z6 QD finish after verifying that finish is clean.

Z2-PRO mixed with ZFX x 2 or 3 coats. Again 1 oz of Z2-PRO plus 4-5 drops of ZFX will be suffice.

That`s it!!!! :woot:

If only one day is available apply 2 coats of Z5 with ZFX and top with Z2-PRO x 1 (no need to mix Z2-PRO with ZFX unless one desires so for this final layer.)

Maintain with proper washing (Z7) and Z6 QD`ing when clean and this appearance will last for months.

Sounds like quite a bit of work but remember that the prep stage is the same (minus Dawn usage) for all LSP`s for maximal appearance. So if you segregate the prep from the LSP application (Zaino), this product is quite easy to use and not very time consuming. Especially when you are just applying a single refreshing coat down the road. :spot

There is still room to grow. Z8 (added visual clues and longevity of that "just waxed" appearance) . Z-PC Fusion ( the no doubt cleanser / polish prep product for Zaino bonding and minor surface imperfection repair) :woot2:

Hope this helps.

Thread Information