Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Would you guys recommend a wax such as Sovereign or Natty`s Blue over a black car that was polished and glazed (Menzerna) and sealed with FMJ? I`m looking for a real wet look but think I want to use a sealant as well. Thanx.
    SAAB Aero OCD

`The time has come,` the walrus said, `to talk of many things: of shoes, and ships, and sealing-wax - of cabbages and kings.` Lewis Carroll

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want a deep, clear look then go with Souveran. While I have not tried Natty`s Blue I have seen pics and it makes any paint look extremley wet. Since your lookin for a real wet look Nattys Blue is probly the way to go but Souveran also looks amazing on black.

Post Thanks / Like
    i`d just do another coat of fmj. i think i will be buying some of that shortly

Post Thanks / Like
    Go with another layer or 2 of FMJ.

For a pure wet look Natty`s Blue is really good, but imo Souveran would still look better overall. (I`m agreeing with series1.)

Why not go with 3 layers of FMJ, 2 of Natty`s Blue and 2 of Souveran. I bet that would look amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggyboy
    Would you guys recommend a wax such as Sovereign or Natty`s Blue over a black car that was polished and glazed (Menzerna) and sealed with FMJ? I`m looking for a real wet look but think I want to use a sealant as well. Thanx.

If I`m not mistaken FMJ is a sealant. Sovereign is a nice look on black .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollman
    If I`m not mistaken FMJ is a sealant. Sovereign is a nice look on black .

How do you all like FMJ? Sorry to go a bit off topic but I am curious. I use Zaino right now but am running out of it and would like some stuff that takes less time to cure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, FMJ is a sealant. I`ve got Menzerna IP, FPII, Final Finishing Glaze, and FMJ. I was thinking of using these for the prep and then, after 2 or 3 coats of FMJ, topping it with either Soveran or Natty`s Blue.

If anyone wants to comment on their opinion/experience with FMJ, be my guest! I haven`t used it yet.
    SAAB Aero OCD

`The time has come,` the walrus said, `to talk of many things: of shoes, and ships, and sealing-wax - of cabbages and kings.` Lewis Carroll

Post Thanks / Like
    Easy on, very easy off. Been using about 1.5-2.5 ounces per vehicle. IMO it looks great on metallics and feels about as slick as UPP, maybe more. I have used it about 4 times in the past 2 weeks and have yet to comment on durability. Two fat thumbs up.
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Compared to Zaino, I`d say FMJ is easier to remove, even when applied thickly, has more of a wet look, and is more slick. 1 coat vs. 1 coat, FMJ wins for looks to my eye, but Zaino is more reflective. With the Zaino system I feel like I have to do at least 2 coats and then apply Z8. FMJ is just as good with only 1 well applied coat. On the other hand, FMJ is not as durable.

Can you really layer 3 coats of FMJ, 2 Nattys, and then 2 Souveran? Seems like too much, plus there`s no guarantee the next coat doesn`t remove the previous somewhat.

- J

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just done 2 coats of Souveran and then a coat off Nattys on my Black car. The Nattys coat added wetness to the deep look left by the Souveran.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTRW
    Compared to Zaino, I`d say FMJ is easier to remove, even when applied thickly, has more of a wet look, and is more slick. 1 coat vs. 1 coat, FMJ wins for looks to my eye, but Zaino is more reflective. With the Zaino system I feel like I have to do at least 2 coats and then apply Z8. FMJ is just as good with only 1 well applied coat. On the other hand, FMJ is not as durable.

Can you really layer 3 coats of FMJ, 2 Nattys, and then 2 Souveran? Seems like too much, plus there`s no guarantee the next coat doesn`t remove the previous somewhat.

- J

How about durability? I like that Zaino lasts long.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d add some Butter Wet Wax and/or some XXX Hardcore Paste Wax to the FMJ for a truely mouth watering experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried Trade Secret over 3xFMJ all i have to say is...OMG, my favorite combo ever. So wet and glossy. Im probably gonna add a few more coats.
    [quote name=`DocHoliday`]I recently had SSR2.5 on toast for breakfast, was tasty and it polished my teeth![/QUOTE]

:think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005GTPinMD
    How about duarability?

Zaino vs. FMJ? Zaino is more durable by far, but in my experience, Zaino pretty much destroys everything in this category. While FMJ persists for many months, the slickness goes away after a number of washes. The Acrylic Shield restores it and would probably keep FMJ going for a long time. Acrylic Shield is practically a spray sealant. Sort of like Menzerna`s Z8.

As for the waxes, I haven`t tested the carnaubas, so I don`t now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTRW
    Zaino vs. FMJ? Zaino is more durable by far, but in my experience, Zaino pretty much destroys everything in this category. While FMJ persists for many months, the slickness goes away after a number of washes. The Acrylic Shield restores it and would probably keep FMJ going for a long time. Acrylic Shield is practically a spray sealant. Sort of like Menzerna`s Z8.

As for the waxes, I haven`t tested the carnaubas, so I don`t now.

Thanks for the information. I am still wondering about switching from Zaino to FMJ etc. I have a greystone metallic car (dark charcoal metallic) and want a durable polish to make the color really pop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information