Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    After doing some research I have picked my next automobile. It’s a 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, Cummings Turbo Diesel - Big Horn Edition. It had 37 miles when I left the dealership, now it has 200. Ill post all the specs later.

I traded in my 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP for this Monster. I have a feeling that my detailing sessions are going to go from 6 hours on the Grand Prix to about 12 hours for the Dually. I’m not complaining.

Pics of the Sold Grand Prix:

Disclaimer: If your thinking to your self “Self, Why in the hell does this fat *** need that big of a truck for??†There is no reason I need this big of a truck. I just wanted a big *** truck. That and I’m the one making the payments.
    "In God we trust, All others we run through NCIC."

"There is no greater love than a man that would lay down his life for another.

Officer Timothy Jacob Laird, Charles 421, is 10-42. He has gone home for the final time."

Post Thanks / Like
    If you were going to get a big ol` truck, that`s definitely the one to get. The Cummins TD is a killer engine, just awesome!

Congrats on the new ride......I`ll make sure to keep my Miata out of your way though. You might mistake it for a simple speed bump!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hows gas prices in your neck of the woods?

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not sure but I think I might have ran over a Miata or a Z4 today. :nixweiss

In Indianapolis, Indiana, Diesel is $2.56 from the gas station that cycles their diesel. Just about everyday there is a Fuel truck depositing new Diesel fuel. And thats always a good thing.

Officer Timothy Jacob Laird, Charles 421, is 10-42. He has gone home for the final time."

Post Thanks / Like
    How big of fuel tank(s) does that thing have!! I cringe at thinking about filling dual tanks @ $2.56 per gallon

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scottabir
    How big of fuel tank(s) does that thing have!! I cringe at thinking about filling dual tanks @ $2.56 per gallon

It only has one tank at 36 gallons. So at $2.56 per gallon, 36 gallons thats about $92.16 to fill her up. When I left the dealership they filled her up. I have drove 250ish miles and I just now hit Half Tank. So I figure about 475 to 500 miles on a full tank. Thats not bad I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow... that`s a big truck! Have fun with it :xyxthumbs (that thing would cost over $220 to fill at our fuel prices ) Any thoughts on what your process we be on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    BIG TRUCK.

Gas here is 93.9 a litre, not sure about diesel, but close. Which makes it @ 3.8 to a U.S. gallon - $3.56 a gallon. Also figure that our Canadian gallon is 4.54 litres, that makes it $4.26 a gallon up here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lix
    Any thoughts on what your process we be on it?

That I havent even thought about yet. I guess I should. Any Suggestion???

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d look at Long Haul wax/polish. I`ve tried it on a few vehicles and it is pretty durable and definitely glossy. Scottwax has had good results as well.

Keeping the fender wells clean is going to be a major job...they are big and easily seen. After all, the average car driver will see the fender wells before they see the rest of the truck LOL...

Is that a turbo diesel or just injected?

Totoland Mach
    2003 Mustang Mach 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Ummmmmmmmmmm, that is massive.... nice truck!

Post Thanks / Like
    AWESOME buy.

How`s that horn? I heard its amazing to scare the s#!t out of people.

Post Thanks / Like
    First off. NICE TRUCK!!! What is the towing capacitly? I bet you could to a nice camper and not even notice that it`s their

AIO and SG

Z2pro with Z8

AIO and Collinite insulator wax

Just thinking that you might want some pretty good durability after you do all of your prep.
    Insert witty quip here...

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like
    Forget living in an apartment. With a truck like that you could get a fith wheel trailer! Just kidding. Nice Truck. I just detailled a smaler version and the paint was the best I have ever need Dodge put out.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice truck!! have fun standing on wheel steps and step ladders heh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information