Post Thanks / Like
    Guy`s ,

I`ve had it with trying to clean my very large deck by hand. I *need* a pressure washer *quick*. Of course I will use when I need to on my wheeled toys.

Suggestions for good quality and reliable brands in the $400-$500 range? Please include the model number if you have it handy.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Tom
    2 white Tacomas and 2 black Harleys. I got half-way smart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought mine at Sears. It`s about 2800 psi and will clean anything. It has four tanks for different types of chemicals, soap, whatever. Can`t remember exactly how much it cost, wasn`t $400, I know that. I cleaned a wood fence, my driveway and sidewalks, and the brick on my house with no problem. Comes with 4 different nozzles. I do detailing as a second job and when people bring me something that is covered with bugs and dirt that has been in the wheelwells forever, this thing makes short work of it.
    DeWayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Na you don`t need a pressure washer to do your deck. Wood strippers and wood brighteners is all you need that and a broom.

Watchout! using a pressure washer can easily cause damage to your deck by removing the soft wood and leaving the hard wood which you will have wood that would have ridges. If you are going to use a pressure cleaner use no more then 900 psi`s 30* tip about a foot and a half above the wood. What you want is let the chemicals work for you and not the high pressure of water to moving the old deck stain. A pressure washer does the job faster but not better then using your garden hose and a med. broom for great looking deck.

Msg me and I can tell you more, I have done hundreds of decks, In can tell you the right chemicals to use and how to make your deck beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Something else to think about when using a pressure washer... injury!

Last summer, my fire department`s Rescue 1 was dispatched to a medical, a report of a man with a severe foot laceration.

When the Rescue arrived, they found the patient with a bloody towel wrapped around his foot. the homeowner had rented a pressure washer tp clean his deck and had pulled the trigger while the nozzle was just about a half inch over his foot ( he was wearing a pair of flip flops). He literally split the top ofd his foot open. Not only was there severe bleeding, there was also tendon and ligament damage. The homeowner ended up in emergency surgery to repair the damage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo0903
    Something else to think about when using a pressure washer... injury!

Last summer, my fire department`s Rescue 1 was dispatched to a medical, a report of a man with a severe foot laceration.

When the Rescue arrived, they found the patient with a bloody towel wrapped around his foot. the homeowner had rented a pressure washer tp clean his deck and had pulled the trigger while the nozzle was just about a half inch over his foot ( he was wearing a pair of flip flops). He literally split the top ofd his foot open. Not only was there severe bleeding, there was also tendon and ligament damage. The homeowner ended up in emergency surgery to repair the damage.

OOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a safety tip that should be posted somewhere special, maybe a sticky. I did not know it would blow you flesh open!!!, but I`ll never make that mistake now.
    Peter Sterns

72 Porsche 911E Targa, 85 Audi 4000S Quattro, 03 Honda Element AWD, 04 Honda CRV AWD, 06 Scion Tc

Post Thanks / Like
    whats a good brand or just pressure washer in general to buy??

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps the sharpest and finest cutting instrument is water! Under enough concentrated pressure it can fillet a fish like nothing else. Seen it demonstrated once, it cut through bricks like a hot knife through butter. I have sliced myself a good number of times with my pressure washer.

Be careful!!

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Um...there is a whole industry called waterjet cutting...the pressures can be *really* high (tens of thousands of psi), and sometimes abrasive particles are mixed in with the water...they use it to cut metals, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Of the pressure washers that I have used I really like the ones with Honda motors. The Honda`s seem to really hold up well but they do cost more. They should be in your price range. Wes

Thread Information