Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Zaino by hand on all my cars. But my new car a 2005 G35 Sedan 6mt, black/black was slightly hurt by the dealer. They used a buffer on her and its got swirls all over it. Not extremly bad, but enough to upset me. I want to get these out. I was about to purchase this with the discount code:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-sfxpad-kit.html

But decided to wait to check with you guys. I am also going to purchase the PC 7336 from Lowes once I get a OKAY from you!

I have a big assortment of Mequires/Zaino/3m stuff. If you guys can tell me what I need I can go to pep boys if I don`t have it and get it. I want the finish to stay looking good with nos cratches and a deep look for a long time also. I will use the Zaino or whatever product you tell me to use!!! I want a SHOW CAR FINISH 90% of the time!

Yes I am a freak usually about my car. Especially my new one. See picture attached. Any help would be greatly apperciated!!! If anyone is local in the san antonio, tx area willing to help me make this car a beauty again, I will buy you some beer or pay you! As long as you teach me too!

PS. I also have a LLumar Clear Paint Protection on the front as well. Any recommendations on that as well to protect and not damage it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see you got the dealer installed swirls for no additional cost. I see you didn`t get the dealer installed door ding, I thought that was mandatory.

My theory on detailing is if Pep Boys carries it, its suspect. The really good stuff is available where the pro`s buy from, either from auto paint supply stores or through distributors. Imagine a professional mechanic, does he buy snap-on or mac tools or does he go to Pep Boys for a set of wrenches? Also I tend to stay away from internet only type products and stay with established brands. What I like for pads for my buffers is Lake Country or Meguiars, both good pads used by pros. For polish I like Malco or Meguiars professional polishes. For a PC I would either get Meg`s #80 and #83 or Malco Light Finish or Foam Pad Polish. Find a post on here on how to use the PC or you will make a bigger mess than the dealer did. Here`s a good post from Mike Philips of Meguiars on how to get started - http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...&threadid=7034

Post Thanks / Like
    My thought is, you shouldn`t have to be the one to fix the dealer`s screw up on an expensive new car. Ask in the pro-detailer`s forum for a recommendation of someone in your area, get a quote from them, and take it to the dealer to pay. Then once your car is "as good as new"--which it should be since it is "new"--all you should have to do is maintain it.

As for the rest of your question--specific products, tools and methods--that is what this entire site is all about. Zaino is terrific, and Meguiars and 3M also make some very useful products. Click on the "Reviews" button at the top of this page for reviews of those and many other products, then check out the "Product Reviews" forum for more detailed discussions. The PC 7336 is identical to the 7424--except for some accessories--and those are the only random orbital polishers that most people here use or recommend. Of course there are also users of rotary polishers and the Cyclo. Check out the "Machine Polishing" forum for more discussions on those.

Stick around and enjoy the site. There`s a wealth of information here for exactly what you say you want to do--keep your "Showroom Finish" all the time. Use the search feature to find more on anything that interests you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey bro I just did my black 04 G35x, with my free dealer swirls haha... I have been in and out atleast over 10 times for the ****** Bose system and each time they washed the car... So you can imagine the swirls.... I used the PC with SSR2.5 and was able to take out all swirls and bring back the deep and wet shine(your paint still seems to look wet). I used the yellow Sonus SFX1 pad from autopia and propels pads, I followed it up with AIO and NXT wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Reviews button is not working. Something about expired.

Quote Originally Posted by ZJ JIM 96
    My thought is, you shouldn`t have to be the one to fix the dealer`s screw up on an expensive new car. Ask in the pro-detailer`s forum for a recommendation of someone in your area, get a quote from them, and take it to the dealer to pay. Then once your car is "as good as new"--which it should be since it is "new"--all you should have to do is maintain it.

As for the rest of your question--specific products, tools and methods--that is what this entire site is all about. Zaino is terrific, and Meguiars and 3M also make some very useful products. Click on the "Reviews" button at the top of this page for reviews of those and many other products, then check out the "Product Reviews" forum for more detailed discussions. The PC 7336 is identical to the 7424--except for some accessories--and those are the only random orbital polishers that most people here use or recommend. Of course there are also users of rotary polishers and the Cyclo. Check out the "Machine Polishing" forum for more discussions on those.

Stick around and enjoy the site. There`s a wealth of information here for exactly what you say you want to do--keep your "Showroom Finish" all the time. Use the search feature to find more on anything that interests you.
    2006 Acura TL WDP/Ebony 5AT w/Nav

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolla
    Hey bro I just did my black 04 G35x, with my free dealer swirls haha... I have been in and out atleast over 10 times for the ****** Bose system and each time they washed the car... So you can imagine the swirls.... I used the PC with SSR2.5 and was able to take out all swirls and bring back the deep and wet shine(your paint still seems to look wet). I used the yellow Sonus SFX1 pad from autopia and propels pads, I followed it up with AIO and NXT wax.

What place do you recommend getting this stuff from? Also links and what stuff I should get would be greatly apperciated. People tell me to get things, but I don`t want to get the wrong stuff.
    2006 Acura TL WDP/Ebony 5AT w/Nav

Thread Information