Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m looking for a good product to use primarily to start the removal of any dullness left behind by swirl cutting, but without any fillers or oils that would be removed with a paint cleaner. Fill in my missing step:

Wash

Clay

Wash

Tropi-Care Swirl Cutter

--------> Need Help <----------

Meguiars Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner

Meguiars No. 82 Swirl Free or Meguiars No. 9 Swirl Remover

Meguiars No. 7 Show Car Glaze or Meguiars No. 3 Machine Glaze

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino PC Fusion

AIO

Menzerna FP (not FP II)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonus SFX do not seem to have any fillers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    Zaino PC Fusion

AIO

Menzerna FP (not FP II)

Quick Q, why not FP II, is this not filler free?

Post Thanks / Like
    To make the FP I version easier to use, Menzerna added some oils (polishing lube). These oil additives may or may not remain on surface or alter the appearance (filling) but FP II can not be stated as "oil-free" technically.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one, thats good to know. A follow up application off AIO after is worth it then with FPII.

I take it the origional version is no longer available?

Cheers

Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    Add PO85RD to that list.

There seems to be some redundancy in your list of steps, but that`s another story all together. You could easily use #9 or Swirl Free Polish after the Tropicare Swirl Cutter, and get similar results. #7 afterwards will leave tons of oil on the paint anyway.

Since you are using a paint cleaner and several oily products after the finishing polish step, I think you only really need a polish that mask what has actually been removed. Whether lubricating oils do or not, I`m not sure.

I don`t use FPII anymore, but in the few times I did use it, it didn`t seem to hide anything. The surface was quite squeeky.

DP Final Finishing Polish is a nice one without fillers, but it seems to have lots of lubricating oils, as it works in forever.

- J

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richt
    Nice one, thats good to know. A follow up application off AIO after is worth it then with FPII.

I take it the origional version is no longer available?

Cheers

Rich

Depends what you are using after FPII, to determine if it`s worth using AIO. AIO doesn`t leave the surface bare either. Definitely leaves acrylic protection, but it may have a few oils in it. Not sure. In any case, Zaino seems to bond fine over AIO, but ultimate durability may be compromised slightly.

FPI is just Menzerna Final Finish in Europe isn`t it? You can probably still find it. FPII is mostly for the American market, it would seem.

- J

Post Thanks / Like
    To make the FP I version easier to use, Menzerna added some oils (polishing lube). These oil additives may or may not remain on surface or alter the appearance (filling) but FP II can not be stated as "oil-free" technically.

That statement is false. FP I was not modified to make it easier to use. That is just some BS from CMA. FP II is Micro Polish relabeled. You can still buy FP I from Menzerna. I use FP II and it hides nothing and leaves the surface squeaky clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    So what is the difference between these Euro polishes like Final Finish, Micropolish etc? What`s the real difference between FPII and FP?

Post Thanks / Like
    Detailer`s Pride Final Finishing Polish is also excellent. To me, the appearance is like a glaze version of Optimum Polish.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTRW
    So what is the difference between these Euro polishes like Final Finish, Micropolish etc? What`s the real difference between FPII and FP?

FP II (Micro Polish) is slightly more aggressive than FP I. It can be worked a little longer than FP I but not much more in my experience with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    That statement is false. FP I was not modified to make it easier to use. That is just some BS from CMA. FP II is Micro Polish relabeled. You can still buy FP I from Menzerna. I use FP II and it hides nothing and leaves the surface squeaky clean.

So you are stating that FPII, like FP I, is completely water-based and CMA has no clue about what they are selling? :think:

If you are correct that CMA is clueless, I may be missing out on another good prep product from Menzerna. :furious:

Who does one believe? :hairpull

CMA gets my vote until proven otherwise. :clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    So you are stating that FPII, like FP I, is completely water-based and CMA has no clue about what they are selling? :think:

If you are correct that CMA is clueless, I may be missing out on another good prep product from Menzerna. :furious:

Who does one believe? :hairpull

CMA gets my vote until proven otherwise. :clap:

I spoke to a person at Menzerna USA about this. He informed me that FP II was not a new product and that it was relabeled Micro Polish. I called because my bottle of FP II had a sticker on it that when removed revealed a Micro Polish label.

The rep at Menzerna USA explained it this way. Some of CMA`s customers were complaining of a short work time with FP I. CMA asked if there was something else that could be used to correct this "problem". Micro polish was recommended but there was concern of confusing customers. So they just relabeled Micro Polish and called it FP II. This is no big secret and has been known for sometime. And yes it is water based and filler free.

I would suggest you call Menzerna and ask for yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool Inform.

No need to call. Menzerna FP I was never a problem with my rotary usage. Spritz the pad with a little water and use with the rotary at 1000-1200 rpms. Fortunately, Zaino has it own final polish (PC Fusion) that I personally know has no fillers, lube oils or glazing oils and gives me better results.

Found something that works great for me. No need to continue search until someone creates and new genre of final polish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information