Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Scenario; you’re just getting in to detailing. The wife said your “allowance†is $500. Only supplies you have right now are three empty Rubbermaid storage units to hold your supplies. You have already ordered a PC. For right now the MAIN cars you will be working on are a Black and Dark Red car. But will start own business later down the road (two to three months). What supplies would you order? I’m talking about soap, PC pads, wax, polish, tire dressing, Micro fiber towels, drying towels, etc, etc, etc.

If there is a good place to buy in bulk for the towels, that would be great. Any links would help.

Cut and Paste to new post please.

Soap:

Wax:

Polish:

Tire Dressing:

Micro Fiber Towels:

Drying Towels:

PC Pads:

Misc. Items:

I know it gets old answering the same damn questions over and over, but I searched and searched and came up with nodda.
    "In God we trust, All others we run through NCIC."

"There is no greater love than a man that would lay down his life for another.

Officer Timothy Jacob Laird, Charles 421, is 10-42. He has gone home for the final time."

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I`d need good stuff and good amounts of the good stuff, I`d probably put in an order at Chemical Guys and get one of each thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I blew 350 at the Chemical Guys about a month ago.......haven`t bought anything since and I do 3-4 cars a week. That`ll cover the average guy for oh, like 5 years. The other 150 will buy a PC and pads.

You could buy a bunch of stuff from Poorboy`s world too if you wanted, they`ve got the full set. Not cheap, though. Here`s what I`d reccomend, cause CG`s site is down:

Natty`s Paste Wax (BLUE) - 8oz $15.95 USD

Natural Look Dressing - 32oz $15.95 USD

Super Slick and Suds Car Wash - gallon $39.95 USD

Spray and Rinse Wheel Cleaner - gallon $39.95 USD

Bug Squash - 16oz $8.95 USD

EX Sealant - 16oz $15.95 USD

SSR1- 32oz $19.95 USD

SSR2.5 - 32oz $19.95 USD

BioDegradable Cleaner - Gallon $32.95 USD

Deluxe Microfiber Kit - a $138 value $105.95 USD

Spray & Wipe - Gallon $30.95 USD

Amount $346.45 USD

If you`ve got an extra 150 over that, pick up a gallon of 4* tire gel and a tin of Souveran. And a handful of foam apps, etc.

You`ll be covered for at least a full year with that. Enjoy the obsession .
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks themightytimmah, I was looking on PoorBoys site and made a list of EVERYTHING you just said.

Anyone else????

Officer Timothy Jacob Laird, Charles 421, is 10-42. He has gone home for the final time."

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t take this the wrong way, but do you think in 2 or 3 months from getting started you will be ready to start your own detailing business? I would think about reducing the volumes of some of the products and taking it a bit more slowly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    but do you think in 2 or 3 months from getting started you will be ready to start your own detailing business?

Ok, maybe not three months, but soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    My 2 waxes:

Poorboy`s EX-P

P21S

Poorboy`s SSR 2.5 (been having good results with this on my rotary)

1Z`s Metallic Polish (Love the stuff and a little goes a long way)

Autoint Step C car wash

I also use their wash pads. Thick, hold a lot of suds, and no cuff to put your hand inside.

Stoner`s Trim Shine (Wheel well dressing, interior, and tires dressing)

Stoner`s Invisible Glass

Stoner`s APC (Tires, degreaser, etc.)

Stoner`s Xenit (Tar, tape residue, etc.)

PRO`s (prowax.com) Wheelie Clean, Leather Cleaner, Leather Conditioner, Heavy Duty Interior Cleaner, Smoke and Odor eliminator... Mostly their cleaning chemicals. They work as good as anyone elses and their HD Interior Cleaner is outstanding. I stay away from their paint products. Hard to use IMHO.

What I can think of off the top of my head.

I also use to use the Lake City (or is it country? I get the pads and the ammo place confused) buffer pads from TOL but have started using the Meguiar`s pads I have and really like them.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would recomend AutoInt`s Cerious compound/Polish. You can change the agressiveness of the product depending on the pad you are using. It is easily the best product I`ve ever used. Other than that I`d recomend Meg`s detailer line, as they offer top notch chemicals at competitive prices and they can be had locally.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know what I would do if I had five hundred dollars? I would invest half of it in glorious mutual funds and take the other half over to my friend Asadulah who works in securities and....

Oh wait; wrong movie.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Soap: Meguiar`s NXT wash and/or TOL`s Bubble Bath for customers - Zaino Z7 for personal use

Wax: S100 and Pinnacle Souveran for carnaubas - Zaino Z2 Pro and NXT or Wolfgang for sealants

Polish: Poorboy`s SSR 2.5 and SSR 1 and Klasse AIO

Tire Dressing: Armor All original and Meguiar`s Natural Shine - Zaino Z16 for personal use

Micro Fiber Towels: tons of different types from Pak Shak, Excel, Autofiber, etc. - all great vendors - get detergent, too

Drying Towels: same as above - waffle weaves

PC Pads: Lake Country and/or Sonus - cutting, light cutting, polishing, and finishing

Misc. Items: wheel brushes, tire brushes, wheel well brushes, interior brushes, painter`s tape, spray bottles, tire swipes, all-purpose cleaner (APC), metal polish, #0000 steel wool, lights, handi-grip foam applicators, good mitts (I use Eurow sheepskin), carpet/fabric spot cleaner, carpet brush, shop vac, leather cleaner and conditioner, plastic polish, glass polish...it`s really endless

The important thing will be to start small and buy some small quantities of many different products to see what suits you and your uses best. It takes lots of time and practice.

For the most part, the process is more important than the products.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are planning on going pro, perhaps you should invest in a rotary ? or one of those dual action machines instead of a PC?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 99ITR_SC
    If you are planning on going pro, perhaps you should invest in a rotary ? or one of those dual action machines instead of a PC?

A PC is "one of those dual action machines."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneO
    A PC is "one of those dual action machines."

No, i meant one of those models that incorporates both a DA and a rotary!

Post Thanks / Like
    You already have the PC?

I would spend a 100 on pads, MF, and a couple polishes, get some NXT, and dump the rest at the nudy bar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 99ITR_SC
    No, i meant one of those models that incorporates both a DA and a rotary!

I guess I`m not sure what you are talking about

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information