Post Thanks / Like
    Guys,

I just clayed my car last week because I was tryin` to detail that day. It was my first detail and I only got the hood polished. Thereafter, I didn`t even seal or wax my hood or any part of the car.

It`s been a week now and the car is pretty dirty, Do i have to reclay after washing it since I wanna polish the car today via rotary.

I`m afraid that small particles have come on the paint and that I`ll be polishing on top of these partcles and ruin my finish.

Please advise, Thanx. :hide: :nervous2:

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, if you are in doubt, just clay it again! It doesn`t take that long. But feel it first with the palm or the side of your hand; if it feels rough or you can feel little things adhered to the paint, well, then, there are little things adhered to the paint. You can also try the cellophane trick (I have never personally done this), using something like a cigarette pack wrapper over your fingers to increase the sensitivity.

Post Thanks / Like
    i think you should be okay. I here about people who polish two or three times a year and only cly once a year. Considering that and that it`s only been a week I would say it`s okay

also, it always takes me a long time to clay. People always mention that it only takes 20 minutes or so, maybe my car is just really contaminated when i do it? actually i haven`t done my car, just my sister and hers is trash

Post Thanks / Like
    Setec - IMO, the back of your hand is better, since the oils in your fingers and palms would cause you to be feeling the hand oils, not the actual paint surface.

I think you`d be OK without claying again, but I`d probably do it again anyway...cuz that`s the way I am.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Maxy--I had forgotten about this until this thread, but Rod Kraft from Meg`s showed us at his clinic to use the side of your hand (opposite your thumb) as a more sensitive way than the palm or the fingers (not that I ever remember to do it that way). My hands are too bony to feel anything with the back.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too would clay again..Just to make sure you get everything off..
    Adam Boca

Thread Information