Post Thanks / Like
    I have an obsidian black pearl 05 wrx, and I just hand detailed everything last week, took about 8 hours.. I know, no PC yet, but I`m getting one.

So, it poured in MA last night, and my freshly cleaned car was subjected to tons of large water spots.

The car IS technically dirty, I mean, I wouldn`t want to go running a MF over any of it as I think the surface contaminants would scratch the finish, so what do I do now??

Do I have to essentially wash my car after every rainstorm?? I just don`t understand what to do to keep the paint in top shape after it rains!

Let me know what to do, HELP!!

Post Thanks / Like
    A good QD with a good MF should take care of it; that is, as long as you haven`t driven it in the rain. Then I would just wash it...there`s no way around it.

:wavey
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I would wash it after each rainstorm. A QD might work if you just had a light rain, but otherwise I wouldn`t take the chance on a black car.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now i am trying out z2 pro, and it doesnt leave any waterspots after a rain.

Not perfectly clean, but it is pretty close.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wash, cause you can do a half-assed wash in 10 minutes. You can QD too, but I just find it easier to wash it, plus that way you can strip the tires, clean the wells, and reapply tire shine.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    I find it takes me twice as long to QD a dirty car than it does to wash it. I use twice as many towels too.

If the car hasn`t been driven in the rain then washing/cleaning is much easier. A QD-ing may work fine if you have a fresh coat of wax on it. If it`s been driven it`s better to wash because then you are dealing with road dirt/debris and it`s safer and more effective to wash it.

Maybe a high quality car cover is in order? :think:
    I`m sick and getting sicker. But my cars are slick and getting slicker!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyb7
    I have an obsidian black pearl 05 wrx, and I just hand detailed everything last week, took about 8 hours.. I know, no PC yet, but I`m getting one.

So, it poured in MA last night, and my freshly cleaned car was subjected to tons of large water spots.

The car IS technically dirty, I mean, I wouldn`t want to go running a MF over any of it as I think the surface contaminants would scratch the finish, so what do I do now??

Do I have to essentially wash my car after every rainstorm?? I just don`t understand what to do to keep the paint in top shape after it rains!

Let me know what to do, HELP!!

Just 1 rain storm? Gezz it`s the rainy season here in Florida. Rain everyday this week and 10 miles of road construction make for a REAL dirty car. I`ll spend tomorrow detailing only to drive in rain everyday next week, and it`ll ran at least 3 time a week until october.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White95Max
    Yes I would wash it after each rainstorm. A QD might work if you just had a light rain, but otherwise I wouldn`t take the chance on a black car.

Same here. Odds are you will be okay, but it just isn`t worth the risk, IMO.

Wash, then QD. :xyxthumbs
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Id wash, when I had a light car I used to risk it, not anymore with Black

Post Thanks / Like
    ugh.... i know what you mean. right now my neighbors tree is pollenating and sap blows all over my car all the time :furious: . it makes me not even want to wash it, more or less detail it anymore right now....

Thread Information