Post Thanks / Like
    Tomorrow, I will be detailing a 2001 Chrysler 300 M, white with a black leather interior (it`s a referral from one of my clients, a Massachusetts State Trooper).

The passenger`s side of the car is covered in road tar and has what appears to be rust stains on the from the front wheel well back. It`s not rust, as I clayed a small section to see if the contaminant would in fact come out (it did! ). The chromed wheels are completely "crudded" with brake dust.

The interior has the usual "wear and tear", except for the "dead pedal"... the carpeting, which should be black, is brown with encrusted dirt.

My son has his digital camera, I`ll see if I can get "befores and afters".

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck can`t wait to see the pics. :xyxthumbs
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    The car came out beautifully! Unfortunately, no pics.

I had planned on picking up the car when my duty shift ended at 08:00...

At 07:49 hours, we were dispatched to a reported dryer fire. The first due Engine in that district was just clearing from a residential fire alarm activation, so my Engine company was dispatched along with the the rest of the 1st alarm response. By the time the fire was extinguished, the hose picked up, airpacks serviced and reports done, etc. I didn`t get out of the firehouse until 10:00 AM, picked up the car by 10:20 and started the detail at 10:30.

My son had gone out for the morning and had his camera with him.

I can tell my fellow autopians what I did....

The small section I clayed previusly was the only one that the clay worked on. The other stuff was so imbedded that I had to pull out the heavy compound in my detailing arsenal... 3M Imperial Microfinishing compound. I used a terry towel, washing each panel of the car 1st, then using the towling and compound by hand section by section, rinsing and repeating until the whole car was done. Tar removal was done with CAR products Solv All (similar to Dupont Prep Sol) The car was then rewashed, clayed, polished with Meguiars DACP, followed by Meguiar`s #9, and the Wax Shop`s Safe Cut. Two coats of Meguiar`s NXT tech wax finished off the exterior paintwork . All products were applied with my PC 7224 and the appropriate pads and removed using microfiber towels.

For the wheels, I used some Kar Kraft acid based wheel cleaner that I had left over from my days of detailing at Foreign Motors West. I sprayed it, let it dwell for a few minutes, agitated with a wheel cleaning brush and then rinsed using my pressure washer. This process was repeated until the wheels were as clean as they were going to get. About 98% of the crud came off! The wheels were polished with Meguiar`s Gold Class metal restorer and I used Liquid Glass to finish the wheels. Tires were cleaned with CAR Products Maxiwhite tire celaner, protected with Eagle One tire gel.

The Engine compartment was cleaned using Zep Citrus Cleaner, plastic and rubber treated with Vinylex.

For the Interior, the door panelsl and dash were first dusted with a California Dash duster, then cleaned with a mild solution of Zep Citrus cleaner. The headliner was cleaned with a damp terry towel and a solution of Car Products Upholstery Cleaner. Carpeting and mats were cleaned with with a Woolite/water solution, then extracted using my Bissel Little Green Machine. The leather seating surfaces were cleaned and conditioned with Lexol.

I finished the detail at 6:00PM, took a long hot shower and then drove the car to the owner`s house to collect my compensation and get my truck, which was parked on his street.

The Owner`s reaction when he saw what was actually underneath the crud and grunge?

:shocked :woohoo: :woot: :spot :woot2:

The next project is is wife`s Chevy Tahoe. Compared to the 300M, it`s a piece of cake!

Post Thanks / Like
    good work man. Pull some overtime and get your self a cammera...

Thread Information