Post Thanks / Like
    I detailed my sisters black 2002 330ci convertable last sat and used nxt paste

I told her to bring it back and i will add another layer

I was wondering should i add another layer of nxt or top it with something else

i have s100, 845 IW, #16,

I want it to look as wet as possible and still be fairly durable
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like
    Give it another layer of NXT paste. Last year I topped the liquid with S100, very nice. Maybe give that a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by atticdog

I detailed my sisters black 2002 330ci convertable last sat and used nxt paste

I told her to bring it back and i will add another layer

I was wondering should i add another layer of nxt or top it with something else

i have s100, 845 IW, #16,

I want it to look as wet as possible and still be fairly durable

I`d buy a bottle of NXT Booster Spray and apply another coat after every other wash or so. It will keep it looking very wet and you won`t have any durability issues. I can do my RX330 in 20-25 minutes so it`s pretty quick. This maintenance keeps the car feeling slick and looking freshly detailed week after week.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    the NXT gloss fades so the booster wax is a good idea-I use it like a QD-very fine mist and wipe until it disapears

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by John Styrnol

Give it another layer of NXT paste. Last year I topped the liquid with S100, very nice. Maybe give that a try.

The NXT/S100 is what I use ALL the time. I highly recommend it.

Post Thanks / Like
    My experience with NXT is excellent.

I applied two coats of NXT and waited a week to apply a coat of #16 and it still beads after a harsh winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    NXT has cleaners in it so you can`t layer it. By doing 2 coats you can only even it out. To get the shine I think you want layer it with a pure wax or a pure sealer (no cleaners) like P100, Zymol, or even a pure sealant like Klasse. You can layer pure sealers to acheive more depth as long as they have no cleaners in them.

Clinton

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want a really great gloss to it, apply very generously some Show Car Glaze on top, and wipe off.
    My car isnt garaged

Chris S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Clinton

NXT has cleaners in it so you can`t layer it. By doing 2 coats you can only even it out. To get the shine I think you want layer it with a pure wax or a pure sealer (no cleaners) like P100, Zymol, or even a pure sealant like Klasse. You can layer pure sealers to acheive more depth as long as they have no cleaners in them.

Clinton

yeah NXT has mild cleaners it... but you can attempt layering with probable success.

i.e. if your first layer of NXT is done with PC with white polishing pad (good results BTW),

then your second coat could be done 24 HOURS later after it has cured and `set up`,,, and done by hand with very light pressure on a foam applicator to minimize any cleaning effect.

my experience of NXT is minimal but, I dont really see much of a "cleaning effect". it may help reduce very minor swirlling from your latest wash...but thats it.

as far as topping NXT,,, i cant comment as i`ve never topped it with a nube. ...yet

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all you input I narrowed it down to either another layer or NXT or i might pick up some #26 since i read it gives black a deep warm glo
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like
    2 layers of NXT applied 12 hours or more apart has noticeably better looks than just 1 layer, so I don`t think the cleaners are very strong at all. Some of you make it sound like AIO. Have you tried applying NXT to oxidised paint? It doesn`t do anything, while AIO will wipe it right off.

If you only have time for 1 more layer, go with NXT again. I really like NXT x 2 topped with #16 which takes away the durability issues of NXT while maintaining its look and adding wetness. I wouldn`t mind #26 on dark colors but it does take away a bit of the NXT shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mad ix and Steck,

What`s up? You guys are totally correct in say that NXT cleaners are mild and if you HAVE to, you can layer it. But to make it work there are a few factors that you both explained and at best layering NXT will give you a bit of a differance with a second coat. What I was suggesting will give him amazing results when layered. Which arethe results I believe he was trying to get. In his first post Atticdog said he wanted the wettest look possible. And said that he already used NXT, so topping it with a pure sealant or wax would give him more of the results he wants.

Clinton

Post Thanks / Like
    Clinton, the cleaners in NXT are very mild and they won`t remove all of the next layer of NXT if it has set up. That is the reason why you would want to wait 12 hours between coats as it makes sure you are getting a very nice uniform coat. As far as recomending a topper many pure sealants won`t bond to NXT. Ziano is notorious for that, and I even think SG maight have a hard time, but I`m not sure. The reason for topping NXT is to give an extra glow that most sealants can`t provide. I recomend S100 as it seems to really make a car shine with deepth, but give #26 a try you might like it on a black car. If longevity was your goal than using a very long lasting sealant should be the base coat in the first place like a Ziano or SG.
    Eddie

Not a fanatic, but a racer who like his rides clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    S100 here, very nice shine and great lasting even after all the Upstate NY rain in the last month. If it ever stops raining I`m going to wax it again with S100.

Good Luck,

Sellncars

Thread Information