tyltan1
    What is the best proceedure? This is my sister`s car. She already touchup the scratches with factory touchup paint after the pictures were taken.
    Attached Images Attached Images

tyltan1
    Here is another one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just use a moderate polish like SSR2.5 and see if that could take care of it. I`ve removed some pretty nasty scuffs and scratches by hand with SSR2.5.

The second picture looks worse though. I don`t know that anything other than touchup paint or a new bumper could fix that one.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

tyltan1
    Does Scratch X and SSR2.5 have the same abbrasive? If not which one is stronger? I want to get the over the counter product. It is too late for me to order SSR2.5 now. I need it by this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know which one is stronger...SSR2.5 is made for use with a polisher, while ScratchX is made for use by hand. You can use SSR2.5 by hand too though.

I`m not sure about which OTC products can be used effectively by hand. Hopefully someone else can help you there. I don`t have many OTC car care products.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

tyltan1
    Does Scratch X and SSR2.5 have the same abbrasive? If not which one is stronger? I want to get the over the counter product. It is too late for me to order SSR2.5 now. I need it by this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Members are never supposed to take it upon themselves and create a new account :nono. There is reason your original account was suspended and JonW440 is the person to interact with about that
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Thread Information