Discovered autopia and looked at some of those shine pictures. I`m hooked.

This 00` Contour is new to me, the previous owner was a tad negletant, but not as bad as some cars I`ve seen. I know it`s a car that probaly *isn`t* worth $400 or more in detailing equitment and supplies, but I figure it`s good practice.

I just waxed it with some Mothers Caranuba Cleaner Wax, mainly to protect it until I have time to do some detailing. It has some waterspots, but it just rained here .

I want to do the full number on it, filling the chips, polishing out the bird crap and tree sap marks, polishing out the swirls, etc.

You can look at the pictures, but i`m pretty sure i`ll need a PC to do any sort of a good job. What kind and how many pads will i need?

Heres my process and what I need help with:

1. Wash/Dry

2. First off i`ll need to give it a good cleaning to remove everything. Since it`s pretty much all swirled, this will be the whole car. What`s reccamended for removing wax, etc. before detailing? Also, should I clay before polishing?

3. Now on to the chips, I`ve read the helpful article, and pretty much know how I`m going to do it. Any reccamendations on places to order repair paint are appreciated.

4. Now to removing the chip repair "bumps" what sort of polish should I use with PC to fix these?

5. On to light scratches and bird doo stains, what polish should I use? I know they may not be fixable, but to do as good as possible without a repaint.

6. To the swirls on the whole car. What polish?

7. Now the paint should look great (ha, who am i kidding with my limited skills). What sort of waxing process should I use and what kind of wax?

I`m planning this for late summer of this year. Expect after photos.

Pics (no 56kers):

I know bad rims. If i do a good job on the paint, i`ll replace them. I promise. This ones practice for the black one in the bg with terrible swirling and water spots.\

Thanks in advance!