Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    84 F degrees and 65% humidity, it`s like twice that in my garage.

Tried to get some light polishing done and the sweat is just dripping of me onto the panels.

Does flash time for a polish get lower as the ambient temperature gets higher?

I hear the '55s are in Ben Kenobi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It`s about the same here, 88 degrees and with the humidity supposed to be about 106. Too hot to do anything with the car I`m afraid. With regards to flash time I would say yes, humidity does affect curing time though.

Paul
    Hoping the weather gets warmer again

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s hot here. 90F and 65% R.H.

I did my car work early before things got too crazy. Got struts installed and wrapped up by 9 this morning.

A/C is mandatory today!
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    This is why I am soo glad I put AC in my garage last year. I turn it on an hour before I go out there and, burrr its cold in here!:up

Post Thanks / Like
    you say thats hot?? That`s ideal weather for us in Fl. It`s 90 degrees with 90+ humid....it sucks.

It has rained here for 2 weeks, just got done with this tropical storm passing through and the sun came out....now thats rough.
    Mighty Hd

Post Thanks / Like
    Cooled down a bit here with the rain just now. Thermo read 94 this afternoon with humidity near 70%. Yesterday it was about 91 with 80% and thursday we broke the all time high temp for the day at 93; just about as hot as we ever see here in PA and its only June.
    Seeking Donations: Recently Diagnosed With Terminal Senioritis.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure you all understand what hot is. :nixweiss

Down here in south Texas, it was 105 today but luckily we only had about 35% humidity. BTW, that is about normal for here! Typical highs and lows are 105/85 :shocked

Makes it real difficult to dry your car without getting water spots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hold on, hold on!

Don`t you guys know that UK Autopians are present on this website?

Just stop all the talk about sunshine and hot weather please!

We`re a sensitive bunch over here - we get jealous real easy!

:p
    My name`s Craig...

...and I`m addicted to detailing!

Don't ever drop your clay kartoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s the forecast for me:

Can you say : It sucks big time !

What happened to 70s and sunny ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Kinda interesting, everyone will complain about their weather. The big thing is what is normal and abnormal for your area. Hot weather in the north is just not what normally happens. Where I live, these are normal temp and humidity readings, heck you get those readings sometimes at night. Here, humidity is always high, so you just get used to it.

Of course, we don`t have the snow of the north at all. But anytime we do, we complain, lol. Abnormal weather anywhere will cause complaints, lol.

As someone who goes through that type of weather and worse every year, all summer, I can tell you there are few tips to help the situation.

I do have a tip though, one that I use myself. Since I also have a garage, I do most of my hardcore detailing at night during the summer. I leave the garage either cracked or open for a while with no lights on(as to not attract many bugs), so it cools down the garage before I start. Also allow time for your vehicles to cool from driving, if you have a vehicle in the garage that is freshly driven, it will give off alot of heat that can kill you while you work on another vehicle in the garage. Then close the garage, and go to work.

So if it is hot, try detailing at night, it works.
    Rodney - Salma, will you marry me?

`03 Nissan Super Black 350Z

"The simplest method is the best method"

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in the HVAC business, it went from 50 to 90 here real quick. Everyone decided to turn on there AC and guess what?, I`ve been working 12 to 14 hours a day now. I don`t have time to take care of the cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    04blackav im in the HVAC business also so i know what you mean about getting busy all of a sudden

where in MA are you??
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like
    We`ve been averaging mid 90`s here in Louisiana with humidity in the 60%-75% ranges.

This is horrible to say, but the storm that`s hitting Florida right now actually brought us some relief today. It was only 82 degrees today. Kind of almost felt like fall!:p

Post Thanks / Like
    Deep_Freeze:

It`s not the weather that I take issue with but the inability to get anything done while it is so.

When I lived in Honolulu it was hot and sunny every day, except late in the year when it would rain alot.

However out there they have trade winds so the humidity is relatively low.

Comparing that to when I lived out by Palm Springs in the Mojave dessert or South Carolina in the Summer it`s different.

Some hot climates are easier deal with when doing outside activites.

pugoman:

Sorry `ol chap, what with you living on the other side of the big pond you don`t have to put up with this type of weather

Anywho:

As per usual I see that die hard Autopians don`t let mother nature get in the way of working on thier rides and are not only dealing with the heat and humidity but finding ways to beat it.

Heard a couple of good ideas and like the AC one. Maybe I`ll look into a portable one for the garage.

Stay cool guys and drink plenty of water (not found in frosty beverages)

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got home and it is so HUMID out that my glasses, when I stepped out of the AC`d car, fogged up so bad, I couldn`t see into my garage window to see what side I should park on so my folks can pull in!

Plus it rained for like 10 minutes so the fog it produced was terrible on the highway.
    Seth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information