Post Thanks / Like
    The CRV was only a few months and I don`t think I had touched it yet with the pc. I shot a reflection in the passenger door and thought it looked ok. Several months later I noticed swirl type reflections when looking at it in bright sun. I worked the door over with a Sonus green pad and Scratch x and was happy that I was able to clean it up and took another reflection shot. I could not believe the difference. Is this the camera/aperature/lighting playing these tricks or could it really be that much better?

after claying and waxing when 2 months old

after scratch x with green Sonus pad

Peter Sterns

72 Porsche 911E Targa, 85 Audi 4000S Quattro, 03 Honda Element AWD, 04 Honda CRV AWD, 06 Scion Tc

Sun Blinded Detailer Mochamanz1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uhhh, nice mirror ! Light does play A BIG role in the imaging, but what I see is a magnitude of in terms of color reflection, clarity and Heh heh, composition, although by the relfections I can see you are parked in a slightly different location..... judging by the obvious difference in the blue levels, one pic ( the first) was taken either at the same time earlier in the year, or early in the day...) Heh heh, nice job !
    Prep is everything .. The rest is the window looking in....

I'll figure it out....
    Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt your efforts helped improve the

appearance,but you also took shots at different

times of the day: 1st is at dusk or overcast,

while the 2nd is at mid to late afternoon (when

the sun is till overhead).

No matter, it still looks good in any case:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, creature of habit kind of picture. Never intended to put them side by side but I did. I just found it so hard to believe there was that much difference, we were talking new paint vs polished paint. Anyway the after shot. "nice mirror" just blew me away with the clarity of the reflection.

Now that I look at the shot closer I realize you can`t even see the car color in the second shot, I kind of went from taking a picture of the door to a picture of a object in the door. What did I do different, same distance, focus, door. Jeeeezzz photography is interesting.
    Peter Sterns

72 Porsche 911E Targa, 85 Audi 4000S Quattro, 03 Honda Element AWD, 04 Honda CRV AWD, 06 Scion Tc

Post Thanks / Like
    I found on my 626 that the multitude of polishing steps over the last 18 months or so have greatly improved the clarity of the paint but then again, I started with a 5 year old car that probably hadn`t been waxed in 2 years.

With a newer car you will get some improvement but unless you wetsand out the orange peel, the difference will not be huge.

Nice pics, btw!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by pdsterns

Thanks guys, creature of habit kind of picture. Never intended to put them side by side but I did. I just found it so hard to believe there was that much difference, we were talking new paint vs polished paint. Anyway the after shot. "nice mirror" just blew me away with the clarity of the reflection.

Now that I look at the shot closer I realize you can`t even see the car color in the second shot, I kind of went from taking a picture of the door to a picture of a object in the door. What did I do different, same distance, focus, door. Jeeeezzz photography is interesting.

You can really change the appearance of a car with the right light, angle, etc- I have 2 cars that, while super slick, do not show the extent of the reflections, etc- in plain, direct daylight, simply due to the color ! These cars look best in twilight or night pics... !lighting and composition can make a car look fantastic or ordinary, depending on the shot, and other considerations. Its one of those things-:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

Nice pics, btw!
    Thanks Scott

Originally posted by mochamanz

Uhhh, nice mirror ! Light does play A BIG role in the imaging, but what I see is a magnitude of in terms of color reflection, clarity and Heh heh, composition, although by the relfections I can see you are parked in a slightly different location..... judging by the obvious difference in the blue levels, one pic ( the first) was taken either at the same time earlier in the year, or early in the day...) Heh heh, nice job !

Mocha, It is all interesting, when I took pics of my Alpine white Audi, I just could not make it look as good as it looked in person yet most of the time I think photos actually look better than the car. This was April and not much sun judging by the shadows.

Peter Sterns

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by pdsterns

Thanks Scott

Mocha, It is all interesting, when I took pics of my Alpine white Audi, I just could not make it look as good as it looked in person yet most of the time I think photos actually look better than the car. This was April and not much sun judging by the shadows.

Very nice, Good job on the detail. My point is that under low light conditions the light colored cars start to really show what the eyes perceive more than under stronger, more direct light. I am talking twilight or something similar... might be just my own impression, but it is something I have noticed a lot.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    looks nice!
    2018 Ram Big Horn CTD
    2009 Lexus IS250
    1999 ChampioN 181 Bassboat
    1968 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4spd

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, nicely detailed white paint always looks very nice at night, especially when the street lamps streak across the hood!
    Moderator, 60v6 expert at...

www.sicgmtrucks.com

Thread Information