Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Offering to detail my Mom`s mini-van. Ugh... They always USE to take it to a car wash ever couple weeks, but now they bug the crap out of me every couple of weeks to `make it look nice`. Crap, 74 years old and now has to have the best looking vehicle at the senior center.

Good thing for quick detailers and OCW !!!
    Have Fun!
    Docker

Post Thanks / Like
    Started cleaning the engine on one of two cars, got water down under the coil covers down around the sparkplugs, car ran like crap, had to pay for a engine test and to replace the plugs, also I refunded the money. They were so mad, I even told them that I would detail the other car for free, just to keep them happy. They didnt want anything to do with me and I havent seen them since. :sosad

Post Thanks / Like
    when I first started out I shampooed a headliner, it looked great until about an hour or two later when the whole thing sagged. Had to replace headliner on a 10 year old car.
    FRANK

FRANKIE K`S AUTO KLEEN

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyA6
    Dropping my PC on the roof of my car in a moment of being spaced out, nice little dent.......

this has also happened to me as well. perhaps i should use the side handle?

Post Thanks / Like
    I sat on a can of spray paint while squatting to clean a rocker panel. Compressor was on, so I couldn`t hear the hiss. Only when my scrotum was feeling cold and wet did I realize what I was doing. :hide:

Post Thanks / Like
    :lol :lol :lol
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 602rwtq
    I sat on a can of spray paint while squatting to clean a rocker panel. Compressor was on, so I couldn`t hear the hiss. Only when my scrotum was feeling cold and wet did I realize what I was doing. :hide:
    I just have to ask..... What color?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron33
    I just have to ask..... What color?

Primer grey. I turned those pants into designated paint pants.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! Nothing quite as miserable as a cold and wet scrotum.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    I was very happily reading this thread, letting all the invaluable information sink in, and get to the end to be utterly entertained :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    anymore stories?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday I was trying out my new PC.

As I live in Belgium, I also need a transformer from 220 to 110 volts to use that PC.

I did the roof, one side and when I got to the hood of the car, I tought by myself : "let`s do that first with the rotary to get the really bad swirls out",

the owner had "washed" his car and used some scotchbrite pad to clean up spots on his roof.

So I switched from PC to rotary, installed a pad and start polishing, after a minute or two, I realised that the rotary was barely running....

.... I used the transformer plug of 110 volts instead of the regular 220 volts...

(And while I was doing that, I kept on saying to the owner, who is luckily a friend, that a rotary make a laugh with such spots....)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally
    the owner had "washed" his car and used some scotchbrite pad to clean up spots on his roof.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not something I personnaly did, but on my way home from dropping my wife off at work. I saw a guy waxing with paper towel. And not good stuff like bounty it was a roll of the industrial stuff with no perforations. Worst of all it was a black pickup. A ranger to be exact. I almost had to pull over to throw up. Oh and when I got home there was a guy here at my condo complex washing his car. He sees me out there with my truck at least once a week so he stopped me and asked "is this a good soap" holding up a bottle of blue Dawn. I said ya its great for dishes, but I wouldnt let it touch paint. So I went up and poured a small bottle of Gold Class for him. Gave him my number and told him not to hesitate with any other questions.
    If a man talks in a forest, and there is no woman there to hear him, .... is he still wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolan_k
    Not something I personnaly did, but on my way home from dropping my wife off at work. I saw a guy waxing with paper towel. And not good stuff like bounty it was a roll of the industrial stuff with no perforations. Worst of all it was a black pickup.

I`m so cold....so cold.... :nervous2:
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information