Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617

Post Thanks / Like
    Some years back at a Buddys shop, I took my drivers seat out of my Civic to clean the carpet. Then dragged the seat rail along the back panel of the car causing a nice 3" scratch down to the metal. Then my buddy pulls out a rotary and says " I can get that out!!!" and proceeds to burn the paint around the scratch. Now I have a deep scratch highlighted by primer. I then take the touch up paint that came with the car, thats not even close to the color and thick as pudding. End result looks like someone tried to patch a hole with dark silver chewing gum.

2 simple things I learned the hard way... Roll window down when taking seat out...take headrest off before struggling to pull seat out...

Post Thanks / Like
    Using my deodorizing mix to "Quick Detail" my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump. Was an interesting read.

I havn`t had a mistakes really. But I have done things that were very newbish.

I started getting into detailing when I got my first car and had it resprayed at earl scheib. Actually didnt look that bad, it wasnt shiny(paint package said it had integrated clear coat, whatever that means), but it had s nice "glow" to it. I wanted to keep it looking nice.

My noobish mistakes were when I first encountered polish and scratch removers. I didnt know how to use them lol.

I had an old container of turtle wax F2001 car polish. I basically applied it like I would with wax. I cant remember if thats what the directions stated or if it was a abrasive type polish where you have to rub it in.

I then bough nu finish scratch doctor. I read the tube but for some reason I didnt quite get it. I didnt realize it was an abrasive that had to be rubbed in. I just gooped it on the scrach and then wiped it off lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wet sanded a scratch with 800 grit sand paper and hit primer in about 10 seconds lol.
    Andrew

On The Spot Mobile Detailing

Serving Saint John and Surrounding Area

Post Thanks / Like
    Burned a mirrow and a bumper on the same car with the buffer. Showed the lady the mirrow, and as we walked around the back of the car she said "what is that!?" And bam! there it was. A big old burn. I didn`t see it until she said something. She didn`t want me to touch it up. 400.00 dollars later. No more burn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine has to do with peeing in a bottle. Need I say more?
    San Diego`s Finest Auto Detail Company

Check us out online!

www.5pointdetail.com

http://www.yelp.com/biz/5-point-mobi...il-san-diego-3

Post Thanks / Like
    I worked in a detail shop for 1.5 years, so I have a few of my own as well as stories from other people.

Personally,

The worst was dropping a hanging air hose with a metal end while trying to attach a nozzle. What made it the worst was I pulled a lot of hose out and when it slipped it hit and slid itself across the hood of a land rover before rolling up. Left a ~2.5ft scratch across the hood, luckily it wasn’t a deep scratch and it buffed out.

Rotary got caught on a window visor and took a chunk of it off.

Cleaned a seat with spray wax.

Also inexperienced wet sanding, it did not turn out well.

The worst I heard from other people.

Door ripped of a new Range rover in the car wash (I believe you guys call the swirl-o-matics) Guy opened the door while the car was in "R", it started backing up and the open door got caught on the wash. Ripped it off

Post Thanks / Like
    the parking lot at college was gravel and my `94 Camaro used to be covered in fine dirt just from sitting there. i`m not that old so this was only a few years ago on a car that wasn`t anything exciting to start with, but i`d smear around all the dirt with QD

Post Thanks / Like
    Drove nearly an hour away before I realized I forgot my polisher at home. Had to go back home and run back to the client`s house. Sucked.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Drove nearly an hour away before I realized I forgot my polisher at home. Had to go back home and run back to the client`s house. Sucked.

dave, i had a similar situation. i go to reach into my back pocket to purchase something and realize i left my wallet at home...

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617

Thread Information